We’re excited to announce our launch today of the Samsung Galaxy Watch cellular variant – Samsung’s new flagship wearable with eSIM capability.
Available to our customers from today, the Galaxy Watch is the third smart watch we have launched that is compatible with Telstra One Number, which connects eSIM-enabled wearables to the Telstra Mobile Network by extending a compatible handset’s mobile number to the device, giving people the freedom to leave both their smartphone and wallet at home.
Last year we were one of the first Australian telcos to introduce eSIM technology for connected smart watches with Telstra One Number, and we are excited to now introduce eSIM support for the Samsung Galaxy Watch as customer demand builds.
Telstra One Number
works by connecting selected wearable devices directly to the Telstra Mobile Network and extends the owner’s compatible handset’s mobile number to the wearable, so they can make and receive calls directly from their device without their smartphone.
This means that users won’t have to worry about forgetting their smartphone at home, or taking it with them when they pop out to the shops or go for a run – with Telstra One Number they’ll still be able to connect to Australia’s best mobile network through their Galaxy Watch.
Delivering the latest in style and functionality, the new Galaxy Watch features a refined and sophisticated design as well as health monitoring features and long-lasting battery life.
Here are our favourite features:
- Timeless design – With its round face, watch hand shadowing and ticking sound, the Galaxy Watch is designed to look and feel just like a traditional watch.
- Long lasting battery – Extend time between recharges with a long-lasting battery to conveniently connect to work, play and work-outs with less interruption.*
- Health monitoring – With Samsung Health, owners can expand on Galaxy Watch’s existing features to track and log their health in even greater detail, including heart rate and calories, and access to many exercise programmes.**
- Rest and relax – Galaxy Watch is designed to track an owner’s sleep quality, creating a log including 4 stages of sleep. It can also monitor stress levels to assist with stress reduction through guided breathing.
- Daily assistant – View reminders, meetings, and more at a glance on the Galaxy Watch. End the day with a recap of goals achieved and stay ahead of tomorrow.
- Water resistant – Engineered to keep up with you, the Galaxy Watch is water resistant (max depth 50m for up to 10mins) to track your strokes while swimming and help you be more active outdoors.
- Pay on-the-go – Samsung Pay and Galaxy Watch take convenience to the next level. Making a purchase is as easy as a flick of the wrist, even if a user’s smartphone and wallet are out of reach. Galaxy Watch only supports NFC Samsung Pay.
- Connectivity and freedom – Discover the freedom to move, make and take calls and texts on the go from the Galaxy Watch with a compatible Android smartphone and Telstra One Number.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch cellular variant is now available from Telstra in Midnight Black (42mm), Rose Gold (42mm) and Silver (46mm). You can take up a 42mm model for $25/mth for 24mths when you maintain a home or mobile plan (min cost $600 + your existing plan charges) or $600 outright. Telstra One Number is an additional $5/mth.
For more plans and pricing information head over to our Telstra Accessories website.
* Actual battery life varies by network environment, features and apps used, frequency of calls and messages, number of times charged and many other factors.
** Galaxy Watch is not a medical/therapeutic device. Fitness and health functions (including sleep tracking and heart rate monitoring) are for informational purposes only.
Things you need to know
From launch, Telstra One Number will only be compatible when Galaxy Watch is used with a Samsung Android handset. It will not be compatible when Galaxy Watch is used with non-Samsung Android handsets. This feature will be coming soon. In the meantime, non-Samsung Android handset owners can still connect Galaxy Watch via Bluetooth.
Hardware Repayment Option (HRO): Only customers with an existing fixed or post-paid mobile service are eligible. Maximum 5 HROs per customer at any one time. If you cancel an HRO early or cancel your existing fixed or post-paid mobile service(s), your HRO will also terminate and you will be required to pay out the remainder of your HRO.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.