I’m Monty and I’m the new operations lead for one of Telstra’s newest business units, Telstra Digital.
For those of you who don’t know, Telstra Digital was born in March to improve all of our digital channels so that dealing with us online is simple and convenient – the way it should be. My job is managing the day-to-day running and strategic direction of Telstra’s websites, devices and applications as well as our social media strategy and execution.
As a new addition to the Telstra family I’m pretty chuffed that for my first blog I have the privilege of sharing some great news – that is on Tuesday, many of you helped us reach a significant milestone with our Twitter account attracting over 10,000 followers.
It’s estimated that over one million Australians currently use Twitter and it’s no secret that among other social media channels, it continues to grow at a rapid pace. So why are we on there? The answer is simple: because you are.
We’ve come a long way since our first tweet in July 2009 and over 30,000 public messages have been sent in response to your queries. Our social media team in Adelaide reach out to customers like you every day, who are interested in or experiencing difficulties with Telstra products and services.
Our efforts in the social media space will continue to grow as well because we know it’s important to provide you with help and support wherever you’re online – whether that’s at home or out-and-about on your mobile or tablet.
We’re working on a whole range of improvements to our online services, many of which are underway already, and I want to introduce myself because I will be working with our team in Adelaide to lead this new program of work.
I’m excited about joining Big T and would love to hear your thoughts and ideas about how we can further help you in the social media space.
If you haven’t already, why not join the conversation on Twitter by going to www.twitter.com/telstra
Or if you already up to speed with Twitter, follow us @Telstra and say hello to our team in Adelaide.
Did you know?
- Our @BigpondTeam Twitter account was one of the first Australian businesses to service customers on Twitter – with around 80-100 queries received each business day. On Facebook, Telstra has attracted over 20,000 fans, many of whom have daily interactions with us on topics including sponsorships and community, new products and customer service.
- We also reach out to customers interested in or experiencing difficulties with Telstra products in Whirlpool – one of the largest online forums in Australia. Whirlpool has over 400k registered members and attracts over 20k visitors each day.
- You can stay up–to-date on Telstra news by going to @Telstra_News
Customer support on Twitter
- @BigPondTeam: BigPond customer support on Twitter. Online 9am–6:30pm M-F.
- @Telstra: Telstra customer support for mobile phone, Internet or landline. Online 8am–8pm M-F.