Transforming our product and service experience for our customers
Posted on June 20, 2018
3 min read
We know Australians are seeking a simple and transparent telco experience.
As an industry we have often failed to deliver on this. It is not an easy challenge because, like it or not, telecommunications is complex.
Today we have announced that we are fundamentally redesigning the products and plans we bring to market for our customers and the experience they enjoy with us.
Under the changes we have outlined:
- Our plans will become dramatically simpler, and there will be far fewer of them (with 20 core plans replacing 400 available in the market today).
- Customers will have peace of mind about their charges, they will only pay for the services they value, and they will be able to move between plans at any time.
- There will be more incentives for customers to have more of their services with Telstra – and the more services a customer has with us, the more value they will receive.
- We are redesigning our product proposition to be modular, so that households and businesses can build their own plans based on what’s most important to them.
- And all of this will be much easier for customers to manage than it is today, with an intuitive, digitally led experience that gives them clarity and control over their services.
Our Consumer and Small Business customers will start to benefit from this simplified approach in July when we make peace of mind data available across a range of new Post-Paid plans – making excess data charges a thing of the past.
Several additional major product and service experiences will be announced progressively in the lead up to June 2019.
By the end of June 2019, our Consumer and Small Business customers will see a radically simplified experience made possible by new intuitive digital platforms that will give them the ability to make changes to their products in near real-time via our 24×7 App.
And our people in our stores and contact centres will be able to serve customers faster than ever before, with new digital tools that replace legacy systems, manual processes and numerous screens.
As a result of these changes we will dramatically reduce the need for customers to contact us with queries – something we know frustrates them. In fact, we expect the number of customer service calls we receive will go down by around a third within two years.
By leaving our legacy product designs and systems behind, we are working to meet our customers’ expectations and truly to transform telecommunications for all Australians.
Enterprise-grade technology for small to medium sized enterprises
We have also announced Connected Workplace, a new bundled offering for small to medium sized businesses that will be available in Australia before the end of this year.
Connected Workplace is a digitally delivered, fixed-price, per seat solution with modular add-ons. It’s a simple all-in-one solution that brings together voice and video calling, collaboration and messaging, on a basic managed private network with embedded security.
It will bring enterprise grade technology to small and medium sized companies to allow them to focus on running their business and less time on their technology.
This product is the first fully digital solution delivered on Telstra Enterprise’s new digital core, and one of a number of next generation solutions introduced by Telstra Enterprise over the last year.
This is the beginning of a dramatically simplified, next generation service experience for Telstra’s customers of all sizes.