The Telstra Business Awards TV show
Posted on September 9, 2013
3 min read
Behind every great business, there’s a great story to tell.
After celebrating Australia’s best businesses for 21 years, the Telstra Business Awards are coming to small screen for the very first time.
The Telstra Business Awards TV show will delve into the inspirational stories of the 2013 national finalists, who are in the running to win the national title of Telstra Australian Business of the Year.
These eight talented finalists have been comprehensively judged against 5000 of their peers to be named winners in their home states and territories.
On our travels around Australia we witnessed their pride and passion and heard incredible stories of how many overcame challenges, demonstrating determination, vision, integrity and resilience to build their success.
To capture these home-grown success stories, a film crew has been travelling around the country visiting the businesses and talking to the people who created them.
The show will star…
- Braaap (VIC) – on a mission to make motorcycling fun and affordable
- Bruny Island Cheese Co. (TAS) – uses traditional techniques to make their range of cheeses, including Australia’s only unpasteurised cheese product
- Fifth Quadrant (NSW) – has become a specialist consulting firm working with executive teams to develop Customer Experience Strategy (CXS) for enterprise and government
- Rudds Consulting Engineers (ACT) – a building services engineering business that prides itself on rigorous quality assurance programs and using integrated technologies that reduce the impact on the environment
- Burleigh Brewing Company (QLD) – they describe their business as a cross between ‘monk-like tradition and cool, surfy living’
- Top End Pest Control (NT) – saw the opportunity to develop and expand a pest management business and lift the professional standard of service to customers across the Northern Territory
- ADAMS (WA) – they saw the potential for a leading operator to be established, willing to raise the standards in the coach industry
- Suntrix (SA) – they provide value-added services such as solar advice and design, energy auditing and energy load profiling for their clients
Their stories are so diverse but they’ve all achieved success with a mixture of ambition, risk-taking and resilience.
The TV show will have all the excitement and emotion of the 2013 Telstra Business Awards event but viewers will get a real insight into the people behind the business, as they reveal the inspiration, determination and innovation that has made them Australia’s best in 2013.
So get behind your state and tune in tonight – Monday 9th September on Sky News Business (602) at 10.30pm (AEST).
And don’t forget, where one door closes, another opens, so if you would like your business, or a business you know, to be part of the 2014 Telstra Business Awards, nominate them now here!
Subscribe for the latest news