The Telstra App re-launches with a little help from its friends
Posted on September 2, 2014
2 min read
One of the things I love about working in apps at Telstra is creating experiences for our customers when they unbox a new phone. With each version I have the ability to bring your feedback to life.
And that’s exactly what we’ve done with the Telstra App for Android – formerly known as TelstraOne.
We reached out to our Google+ community to test-run the BETA version and incorporate their feedback in order make sure Telstra customers have a great experience on their device. As a highly engaged community of tech enthusiasts, we knew they’d be honest – and honest they were!
This feedback helped considerably with bug fixing, designing our improved layout and future design considerations. Thank-you Telstra Plussers, we couldn’t have done it without you!
Some of the new features include:
- First use tutorial – to help you get to know the app
- My Device section – with a data usage meter and handy device tips
- Recommended section – this shows you what the other Telstra apps have to offer such as First Month Free Foxtel Mobile
- Interactive widgets – you can flick through the latest sports and news updated from your home screen and resize the widget as you please
- Data usage widget – so you can see exactly how much data you’re using
The new app is visually rich with images live images in the News & Sports section and has a modern Android OS look and feel including a new navigation drawer.
Have you tried out the new Telstra App? What do you think?