We’ve announced we will offer the second-generation iPhone SE, a powerful new iPhone featuring a 4.7-inch Retina HD display, paired with Touch ID for industry-leading security.
iPhone SE comes in a compact design, reinvented from the inside out, and is the most affordable iPhone powered by the Apple-designed A13 Bionic, the fastest chip in a smartphone to handle the most demanding tasks. The new iPhone SE also features the best single-camera system ever in an iPhone that unlocks the benefits of Portrait mode, and is designed to withstand the elements with dust and water resistance.
The new iPhone SE will be available from 8am AEST Friday 24 April at telstra.com.au and in retail stores*.
iPhone SE comes in three beautiful colours — black, white and (PRODUCT)RED** — and features an aerospace-grade aluminium and durable glass design, and a 4.7-inch Retina HD display with True Tone that adjusts the white balance to match the ambient light and offers incredible colour accuracy with its vibrant wide colour gamut. The familiar Home Button is designed with sapphire crystal and a steel ring to detect a user’s fingerprint for Touch ID, an easy, private and secure way to unlock iPhone, use Apple Pay and authorise App Store purchases.
The Apple-designed A13 Bionic, introduced with iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro, provides unparalleled performance for every task — perfect for photography, gaming and augmented reality experiences — and enables great battery life. In addition, iPhone SE features the best single-camera system ever in an iPhone, which uses the image signal processor and Neural Engine of A13 Bionic to unlock Portrait mode(1), all six Portrait Lighting effects and Depth Control. Videos are even more immersive with stereo audio recording and cinematic video stabilisation on the front and rear cameras.
iPhone SE is wireless-charging capable with Qi-certified chargers and supports fast-charging(2), giving customers up to 50 percent charge in just 30 minutes. It is water-and dust-resistant with an IP67 rating for water resistance up to 1 meter for 30 minutes(3). Lightning-fast download speeds are available with Wi-Fi 6 and Gigabit-class LTE(4), and dual SIM with eSIM(5) provides the flexibility for users to have two separate phone numbers on a single device while traveling abroad or for use as a business line.
Telstra Group Executive, Consumer & Small Business, Michael Ackland, said, “we’re excited about the introduction of the new iPhone SE and Apple’s ongoing commitment to creating incredible products. The new iPhone SE is an inspired reinvention that packs in the best Apple has to offer in a familiar shape and size. We’re pleased to offer this amazing new device at a competitive price on Australia’s best network, with individual plans suited to our customer’s exact needs.”
For complete details on Telstra pricing, please visit: our iPhone page.
For more information on iPhone, please visit Apple’s website.
Sign up to learn more
What you need to know
* Please note that due to delivery services impacted by COVID-19, some retail stores may have available stock from Tuesday 28 April.
** Telstra will offer the iPhone SE in black and white.
(1) Portrait mode on iPhone SE has the ability to recognise people.
(2) Up to 50 percent charge in 30 minutes with 18W adapter or higher (sold separately).
(3) iPhone SE is splash-, water- and dust-resistant, and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes). Splash, water and dust resistance are not permanent conditions, and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty. iPhone SE is resistant to accidental spills from common liquids such as soda, coffee, tea, beer and juice. In the event of a spill, rinse the area with water and wipe your iPhone, and dry it.
(4) Speeds vary based on site conditions and carrier. For details on LTE support, contact your carrier and see apple.com/iPhone/LTE.
(5) Use of Dual SIM requires two wireless service plans (which may include restrictions on roaming). Certain restrictions apply to use.