Telstra to launch MOTOROLA XOOM in May
Posted on April 19, 2011
3 min read
We’re pleased to confirm that the Xoom ICS software is now available. You can access the new software by selecting Settings > About Tablet > System Updates on your Xoom.
You will be required to update your Xoom to the latest Honeycomb software before you can access the ICS software. You can do this by selecting Settings > About Tablet > System Updates until you can see the ICS update.
One of the year’s most anticipated mobile tablets, the MOTOROLA XOOM™, will launch on the Telstra Next G® network in May.
It’s great timing as Australians are now embracing both mobile tablets and devices powered by Android™ in record numbers.
MOTOROLA XOOM’s high-definition touch screen and powerful operating software will make it possible for more Australians to enjoy video, mobile web browsing, gaming and magazines on the go.
It offers a large, 10.1-inch widescreen HD display and will be the first tablet in Telstra’s range to run Google’s Android™ 3.0 (Honeycomb) operating platform which is designed specifically for tablets. Under the hood is a 1GHz dual-core processor and 1GB of RAM which means XOOM can run multiple applications effortlessly and play back high-definition video smoothly.
The XOOM brings together beautifully integrated services like Gmail™, Google Maps™ with 3D interaction and YouTube®, a world of Android™ apps and an interface that’s easy for owners to personalise with apps, shortcuts and widgets. Our customers are going to love consuming, creating and sharing content in more places on Australia’s largest and fastest national mobile broadband network.
Whether surfing the Web, watching the latest hit movie or video-chatting with friends, MOTOROLA XOOM will delight people with its ease of use, speed and vivid graphics.
The introduction of the XOOM will also be a boom for our small business customers who increasingly use mobile tablets to share content with their clients and speed up ordering and logistics when on the road. The XOOM’s large virtual keyboard is also perfect for business people who want to access email and office documents on the go without the need to carry a bulky laptop with them.
More details about MOTOROLA XOOM, including plans for our Consumer and Telstra Business customers, will be announced nearer to launch.
MOTOROLA XOOM Features:
- A 10.1-inch 1280×800 widescreen HD display.
- Android™ 3.0 ‘Honeycomb’ operating software designed specifically for mobile tablets.
- Google Honeycomb applications that bring web favourites like Gmail™ and YouTube® to a mobile screen in a new, dynamic way.
- 32 GB of memory built-in.
- A 5 megapixel rear-facing camera capable of capturing HD (720p) video, a 2 megapixel front-facing camera enabling clear video chat using Google Talk™.
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.2 compatible (downloadable from Android Market™) supporting rich Flash-based Web content including videos, games and Internet applications.
- Two built-in speakers delivering stereo sound.
- Dedicated HDMI port allowing customers to play back videos and movies on big screen TVs.
- Includes a built-in gyroscope, barometer, e-compass, accelerometer And adaptive lighting.
- Long battery endurance, supporting up to 10 hours of video playback.
Subscribe for the latest news