Telstra Foundation and Social Traders are seeking a digital start-up
Posted on September 3, 2013
3 min read
Do you know a social enterprise start-up that would benefit from more than $30,000 worth of expert assistance?
If you do, and they’re involved in the digital space, then this is for them.
Telstra Foundation and Social Traders are seeking a ‘digital’ start-up with a social heart who wants some help to get their idea off the ground. The successful start-up will receive funding from Social Traders to help them take part in The Crunch, a highly successful six month incubation program.
During this program they will benefit from the expertise of business and industry leaders to develop a business plan, mentoring, and have the opportunity to meet a range of social investors. The funding is made available by The Social Traders thanks to support from the Telstra Foundation.
So if you know a social enterprise that:
- shares our belief that lives can be changed with technology
- has a great idea that’s about creating digital connections for social change for the benefit of Australians
- uses digital technology – such as tablets, smartphones, platforms, social media and/or apps – to achieve their social purpose
- is based in Australia
- is aiming to receive investment and start trading within 12 months,
tell them to submit an application at Social Trader’s. Social Trader’s submission guidelines and terms & conditions of participation are also linked from this site.
The process will kick off with a Warm-Up workshop at Telstra’s Melbourne office on 5 September. Social enterprises can click here now to register for The Crunch Digital Inclusion Warm-Up. Interested social enterprises are invited to attend the Warm-up, but they can apply for the six month incubation program regardless of whether they attend.
- Find out more about The Crunch
- Register for The Crunch Digital Inclusion Warm-Up – a half day session on September 5, 2013 that connects you with industry and business experts to get immediate feedback on your digital social enterprise start-up idea. Be quick – places are limited!
- Submit your application for the Digital Inclusion category– applications must be submitted before 4 October 2013
The Telstra Foundation works with community partners to unlock their digital potential so that all Australians – regardless of age, income, location, disability – enjoy the social and economic benefits of being connected.
Social Traders is a non-profit that supports and encourages the establishment of commercially viable social enterprises throughout Australia.
The Crunch is a six-month incubation program for Australian social enterprises aiming to receive investment and start trading within 12 months.