With Cyclone Seroja making landfall and causing significant damage along parts of the Western Australia coast, we’ve organised an assistance package for our residential and small business customers in affected areas.
Cyclone Seroja has caused damage along a stretch of the Western Australian coastline including at Kalbarri and Geraldton and throughout the northern Wheatbelt region. We’ve got an assistance package ready for customers who have been evacuated or who have lost services due to the impact of the cyclone and strong weather in their regions.
We know that when you’re doing it tough, it’s more important than ever to reach out to family and friends. We’ve activated an assistance package that gives our customers both short- and long-term measures to help out – that assistance can range from extra data on your mobile and free call diversions to a one-off credit to help cover the cost of getting a fixed phone service back up and running.
Our assistance package gives Telstra customers access to free and interim services during short-term impacts from this damaging weather, with long-term measures also available for customers who have suffered severe damage or loss of their homes and businesses.
Customers impacted by the recent strong weather conditions include those in the postcodes below. Since WA’s post codes cover a few large areas, we won’t list specific suburbs or place names.
If you’re a Telstra customer living in one of the areas we’ve listed, we’ll send you an SMS with a link to request a disaster assistance package. You can also find out more about our disaster assistance packages here.
If you need a temporary diversion for a landline phone to an alternate number, or for other long-term assistance, please contact us. If you’re in a disaster-impacted area, give us a call on 1800 888 888 to speak with our disaster assistance team.
Our assistance packages for affected customers can include the following:
Short term measures (for Telstra customers who have suffered a short-term impact, evacuation or fault):
● Free use of Telstra public payphones in the affected areas
● Free call diversion from an affected fixed home or business phone service to another fixed or mobile service of the customer’s choice, regardless of the carrier
● 25GB data pack for post-paid mobile customers (30 day expiry, not transferable to another service)
● 25GB data and free calls for pre-paid mobile customers (30 day expiry, not transferable to another service)
Long-term measures (for Telstra customers who have suffered severe damage to or loss of their premises):
● Free call diversion from the customer’s Telstra fixed phone service to another Australian fixed or mobile service of their choice, regardless of the carrier. This offer is applicable for a maximum period of 6 months from the date of the incident.
● In addition, Telstra will apply a one-off credit up to the value of $500 inc. GST to the customer’s Telstra fixed phone account to help cover the costs of the following, if required:
○ Connection of a Telstra fixed phone service at one temporary residence
○ Re-connection of a Telstra fixed phone service at the customer’s original permanent premises