More teams, more talent: the Hyundai A-league returns for season 2019/20 on Telstra
Posted on October 11, 2019
4 min read
The Hyundai A-League returns to our screens today, and thanks to Telstra Live Pass, our customers can watch all the action live, fast and data-free!
It’s the 15th season of the Hyundai A-League, and for the second year all matches will be available to stream live with the Telstra Live Pass and the My Football Live App, bringing sports fans year-round action straight to their mobile on the Telstra network.
This season represents the biggest expansion of the league in recent times, with the addition of a new Victorian-based club, Western United FC, who will take football beyond Melbourne’s metropolitan fan base to regional centres Geelong and Ballarat.
Defending champions Sydney FC will look to go back to back, but face strong competition from last year’s beaten finalists Perth Glory; crosstown rivals Western Sydney Wanderers, whose title charge will be bolstered by a new-look squad and the brand new Bankwest Stadium in Parramatta; and traditional rival Melbourne Victory featuring the returning Robbie Kruse.
- Friday, 7:30pm, October 11: Adelaide United vs Sydney FC
- Saturday, 5:00pm, October 12: Western Sydney Wanderers vs Central Coast
- Saturday, 7:30pm, October 12: Melbourne Victory vs Melbourne City
- Sunday, 4:00pm, October 13: Wellington Phoenix vs Western United
- Sunday, 6:00pm, October 13: Perth Glory vs Brisbane Roar
The mouth-watering 2018-19 season Grand Final rematch between defending champs Sydney FC and Perth Glory will take place Saturday, 23 November 2019 in Perth.
We’ve secured the rights to broadcast the Hyundai A-League to mobile subscribers until 2023, which means our network is at your service for all your football needs. We’ll be using our incredible technology to bring you all the action faster and clearer than ever.
The live, fast and data-free streaming of the 2019/20 Hyundai A-League season will be available to all Telstra mobile customers. Non-Telstra customers can purchase a $6.99 monthly Live Pass, giving them the flexibility to come and go as they please. In addition to the A-League, every Westfield W-League match will be streamed when their season commences, as well as other select FFA Cup, Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas games.
If you want to enjoy the action on your home with Telstra TV or other device, Kayo will broadcast every match, as well as through Fox Sports on Foxtel by Telstra. Telstra Plus Gold Members can enjoy three months free access to Kayo on us, while Silver Members are eligible for one month free.
And if that’s not enough, Telstra takes you closer to the action than ever with our rewards program, Telstra Plus. Members can enjoy the football in-person this year thanks to $20 tickets to selected Hyundai A-League games. You can be there for all the action just for being a Telstra customer.
Whether we’re watching live and data-free on our devices or getting out to the park to cheer on our side, we’re excited for the first whistle of the season.
What you need to know
- 11 Clubs (new team, Western United FC)
- 29 Rounds (13 Home + 13 Away matches per club – 3 Byes per club)
- No break for FIFA International dates
- No Split Rounds (Bye preference for 3 clubs participating in the AFC Champions League 2020)
- Round 29: 24-26 April 2020
- Hyundai A-League 2020 Finals Series – commences weekend 1-3 May 2020
- Hyundai A-League 2020 Grand Final – weekend of 16-17 May 2020
- Grand Final Re-Match (Perth Glory v Sydney FC) in Round 7 (Saturday, 23 November 2019 @ HBF Park)
- Themed Rounds
- Remembrance Round – Round 5 (8-10 November 2019)
- rebel Play Football Round – Round 18 (14-16 February 2020)
- rebel Female Football Round – Round 23 (13-15 March 2020)
- Anzac Day Fixtures:
- Round 29 – Brisbane Roar FC v Adelaide United @ Suncorp Stadium – Saturday, 25 April 2020
- Round 29 – Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Wellington Phoenix @ Bankwest Stadium – Saturday, 25 April 2020
Sign up today for more daily articles and videos from Telstra