Posted on July 31, 2017
2 min read
Our customers want to be able to access the best products and services and expect them to work where they want, when they want, in the way they want. We have made progress, but we have more work to do in order to achieve our purpose of creating a brilliant connected future for everyone.
Our strategy is designed to deliver this for our customers, with effortless digital experiences and services that offer the most value and enjoyment and work without fail. We are developing a range of initiatives that will deliver seamless, simple and integrated customer interactions. Continued investment in the digitisation of our business will also improve the way our customers deal with us.
Progress in FY17
- In August last year we announced up to $3 billion of additional capital investment over three years into programs to build networks for the future, to digitise our business and to fundamentally overhaul the experience our customers have with us.
- This year we switched on our one millionth Telstra Air® hotspot, giving mobile and eligible broadband customers even more places to enjoy free and unlimited data on Australia’s largest Wi-Fi network.
- We introduced Go Mobile Swap lease plans allowing customers to upgrade their handset after 12 months for $99, provided they return their working device and sign up to a new 24 month handset and service plan.
- We introduced the Telstra Gateway Frontier™, an all-in-one hybrid modem, designed to get customers connected in minutes via our mobile network using their home broadband data while we complete a fixed network installation or migration to the nbn network.
- We’ve consolidated the Telstra 24×7 App for iPhone and the app for iPad to a single app that will work on both devices, doubling the features available for the app on iPad.
- We have streamlined services for customers when they are moving home. We have simplified the number of connection fees and are providing more clarity about when a premise will be connected and the internet speeds and mobile coverage quality at the customer’s new address.
Find out more
Read Deliver brilliant customer experiences in our Telstra 2017 Annual Report