Stream on: Our most entertaining broadband packages yet
Posted on August 22, 2016
3 min read
In homes across the nation we’re settling down to a new way of watching our favourite TV shows and movies when and where we want to.
Whether it’s following the political machinations of Frank Underwood; entering the anarchic hacking world of Mr Robot or being immersed in the guilty-pleasure of reality TV dramedy Unreal, we can’t get enough of streaming video on-demand.
Not only does video now make up almost two-thirds of the data carried over our fixed network, but new Telstra research shows the digital video revolution is shifting viewing outside the living room, with Australians streaming from the bedroom, the kitchen, the garden and even the bathroom. And more than half of us say we now access more on-demand content than broadcast TV.
To cater to this surging popularity, we’ve introduced new home internet bundles that help make your home the most entertaining place on earth.
Take our new $90 Telstra Medium Home Internet Bundle as an example. You receive:
- A Telstra TV for watching all your favourite shows
- A 3-month subscription to Netflix, Stan and Presto giving you access to more than 15,000 movies and TV shows on demand. Plus a bonus 3 new release rentals from BigPond movies.
- 500GB of data – that’s enough to stream SD Netflix for more than 15 hours a day, each day for a month, with some gigs to spare – and unlimited local and national phone calls.
- A Telstra Air® Wi-Fi modem for new home broadband customers and free Telstra Air® access until 27 March giving you the freedom to connect at more than 500,000 hotspots in Australia and 20 million hotspots overseas.
- Broadband Protect to help keep your family safe online
All that for just $90 a month (min cost $2249 over 24 months).
And we know there’s no ‘one size fits all’ broadband package for Australian households. Which is why you can tailor your new Telstra bundle with add-ons including additional data, call inclusions, entertainment, speed and premium support.
We’re also continuing to expand the content library on Telstra TV which is your gateway to the latest blockbuster movies and TV. New additions include Bloomberg TV, Ted Talks and Yupp TV — one of the world’s largest players in South Asian entertainment.
Now all that’s left to do is choose your screen, pick your favourite show and stream on.
You can find out more about our home internet bundles here www.telstra.com.au/bundles.
What you need to know:
- Free Telstra Air data: After 27 March 2017, Telstra Air data usage will count towards your home broadband data allowance. Compatible broadband service and gateway required.
- Telstra TV: Requires a compatible TV with a HDMI port. A minimum internet speed of 3.5mbps is recommended.
- Bonus entertainment: Netflix and Presto Passes expire 28/2/2017. Netflix Pass is for 3 months on the Standard plan, is not redeemable or refundable for cash but the offer value ($35.97) may be applied to a different plan. See full terms at www.telstra.com/Telstra-TV. Stan Pass expires 72 hours after clicking on the Stan Offer tile on your Telstra TV+ application. See full terms at www.stan.com.au/telstra-offer/terms. BigPond Movies credit valid for 6 months from registration. First time Stan and BigPond Movies subscribers only. Only for use in Australia