Samsung is back with the latest addition to its legendary Note range with both the Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G and Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G. Both pack a newly-improved S Pen, and PC power you can take anywhere. Best of all, every model in this year’s Note range is powered by our awesome 5G network for the speed you need.
Announced overnight at Samsung’s virtual Unpacked event, the Note20 range is the most stunning Note yet. It takes everything you’ve loved about the Note range and makes it smarter in every way.
At the centre of the Note experience is the powerful S Pen, and this year’s Note20 series soups up the S Pen like never before. It features a smoother writing experience than any Note model previously, and it works like a remote control for your camera, music and more1. Plus you can even translate your handwriting into text and sync it to a compatible computer for maximum usability2.
This year you get more screen space with the 6.9″ Dynamic AMOLED2x Infinity-O display on the Note20 Ultra 5G, and the 6.7″ Super AMOLED Plus Infinity-O display on the Note20 5G. Both push the boundaries for a true, uninterrupted viewing experience.
Sitting underneath the display is a powerful new processor that pledges portable PC power3 that fits in your pocket. And with features like Game Booster Mode and a 120Hz refresh rate on the gorgeous screen, you can be sure your mobile play experience will be turned up to 20!
The Note20 range also manages power more efficiently4, so you get more out of your device throughout the day. And when it eventually does run down, just minutes of charge5 will give you hours of use. The power of a PC with the juice to make it last!
You also get a Pro Grade Camera set-up, complete with a series of zoom, wide and ultra-wide lenses, and on the Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Samsung’s incredible 108-megapixel sensor for crisp images day or night. Plus, the new Pro Grade Camera rig on the Note20 series shoots gorgeous 8k video6, and 4K video up to a wild 120 frames per second. That means smoother images that will look buttery-smooth on the TVs of both now and the future.
Samsung also announced great new wireless earbuds. Read on to see how you can get a pair for yourself.
Powered by Telstra 5G
Our awesome new 5G network now covers around a third of the Australian population, and by June next year, we’re working to grow to it 75%.
This week our CEO Andy Penn said that “no technology will do more to shape the 2020s than 5G”. It takes the digital experience to the next level, and represents a massive leap ahead. We’re already seeing 5G device speeds double that of 4G devices, and it’s only going to get faster and smarter over time. Potentially up to 10x better than 4G for both speed and latency!
This year our entire Note20 range will be packing 5G. It’s what’s next happening right now, and we’re thrilled that we can bring the next-generation mobile experience to our customers.
To illustrate our progress, we’ve updated our Mobile Coverage Maps, so you can see where Telstra’s 5G technology is available7, as well as 3G and 4G. This will help you understand exactly where our network reaches, and where it’s planned to go next with a new view that projects where we’ll be with our coverage in the next three months.
We’ll continue to update these maps and our network projections as we continue to roll out 5G to more cities around the country.
This great new range of gear is game-changing, and we’re excited to carry them.
We’ll be stocking:
|Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G 256GB||$68.70 (min. cost $1649 over 24 months plus chosen plan costs)|
|Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G 256GB||$83.29 (min. cost $1999 over 24 months plus chosen plan costs)|
The range will be available on a 24-month payment term and as an add-on to our month-to-month plans8.
We’ll also be carrying the newly-announced Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 and S7+ 5G range, as well as Samsung’s new Galaxy Watch 3. Expect to hear more about it shortly.
Exclusive Telstra pricing
For those looking to pre-order the new Note20 5G range, we’ve got some sweet deals and freebies on offer.
Telstra+ members who take up the Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G or Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G on any of our month-to-month plans are also eligible for a bonus 10,000 points on their account9.
Finally, customers who pre-order the Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G on Telstra are eligible for a free pair of Samsung’s Galaxy Buds+ (via redemption), normally worth $299. Customers who pre-order the Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G are eligible for a free pair of Samsung’s new Galaxy Buds Live (via redemption), normally worth $319.8
Things you need to know
- Compared to previous Note models. S Pen remote function is designed to reach up to 10 meters in an open space. Performance subject to circumstances including frequency of usage on a single charge.
- Samsung account and internet connection required for note synchronisation. Samsung Notes apps available on compatible Samsung Galaxy tablet models and PCs. Data usage costs may apply. Compatible with tablets running Android 7.0 (Nougat) and higher, and PC running Windows 10.
- Compared to the RAM, storage and resolution of Dell Inspiron 14 5000 14″, HP Pavilion EC0102AX 15.6″, Lenovo Duet Chromebook.
- Rated (i.e. minimum) battery capacity value is 4370mAh on the Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G and 4170mAh on the Galaxy Note20 5G. Actual battery capacity value may vary. See user manual for instructions on optimum battery life.
- Fast charger required for fast charging. Actual charging speed varies by device and depending on usage, charging conditions, and other factors.
- To view videos in 8K quality, a compatible 8K device is required(sold separately).
- 5G Coverage: Telstra currently offers 5G in select areas and is progressively rolling it out to other areas. In non-5G coverage areas, you’ll automatically switch to our 4GX/4G or 3G. Check coverage at telstra.com/coverage.
- Samsung Buds Gift With Purchase: Available to customers who pre-order a participating device (Galaxy Note20, Galaxy Note20 Ultra) on a Telstra month-to-month plan. Customers must redeem their buds at Samsung.com.au/note20-offer/ before 30 September 2020 by providing proof of purchase and the devices’ IMEI number. Limit 5 per customer. The Galaxy Buds+/Live are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Pre-order offer: available to new and existing customers on our medium and above month-to-month plans. Min cost on the Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G is $3088.8 over 24 mths (inclusive of credit). Min cost on the Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G is $3438.96 over 24 mths (inclusive of credit). Plan price may change. Credit (including existing credits) limited to one per service. Offer ends 20 Aug 2020.
- TELSTRA PLUS: Must be 18+ with an active service. Excludes business customers. Points are earned on payment of Telstra bill or pre-paid recharge (excl. outright purchases, refunds, credits & late payment fees). Points expire 3 years from earning. Marketing opt-in required (preferences can be changed). Exit program anytime. Samsung Buds+: Gift with purchase offer available when you add a Galaxy Note20 5G to a Telstra month-to-month plan during the pre-order period of 6 August until 20 August 2020. Customers must redeem buds at samsung.com/au/note20-offer/ before 30 September 2020 by providing proof of purchase and the device’s IMEI number. Limit 5 per customer. The Galaxy Buds+/Live are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash.