Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge to launch with Telstra
Posted on March 30, 2015
4 min read
Telstra customers can look forward to more data, more entertainment and more speed in 4GX areas, when the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge launch with Telstra next Friday 10 April.
In time for the launch, Telstra is boosting the value of some of its most popular mobile plans by including more data and introducing a bonus six month subscription for one of Australia’s leading TV and movie streaming service Presto from Thursday 9 April.
Both Galaxy smartphones are 4GX (Cat 6) compatible and are capable of the fastest 4G speeds in Australia in 4GX areas and are primed to support customers’ growing appetite for video on the go and fascination with sharing life through social networking sites.
Also, both are stylishly appointed featuring metal construction with glass panels on the front and back, as well as Quad HD displays, octa-core processors and built in wireless charging capability (wireless charging pad sold separately).
In good news for customers living or travelling in regional Australia, Telstra also confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S6 is Blue Tick rated – which means it provides superior handheld coverage in regional and rural coverage areas.
No matter which plan you choose, you will be able to enjoy top TV shows and movies with a six month Presto subscription, which is included with every Mobile Accelerate Plan and Easy Share Business Plan from 9 April.
Both smartphones will be available on a range of Mobile Accelerate and Easy Share Business Plans with bonus data including:
- Samsung Galaxy S6 32GB: $95/month on a $95 Mobile Accelerate Plan with no additional handset repayments when customers stay connected for 24 months and 6GB of total data inclusions (min cost $2280 ($95/mth) excess data 3c/MB, 2 min standard call $2.38)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge 32GB: $99/month on a $95 Mobile Accelerate Plan with $4/mth handset repayment when customers stay connected for 24 months and 6GB of total data inclusions (min cost $2376 ($99/mth) excess data 3c/MB, 2 min standard call $2.38)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 32GB for business: $100/month on a $100 Easy Share Business Plan with no additional handset payments when you stay connected for 24 months and 6GB of total data inclusions (min cost $2400 ($100/mth) excess data 3c/MB, 2 min standard call $2)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge 32GB for business: $102/month on a $100 Easy Share Business Plan with $2/month handset payment when you stay connected for 24 months and 6GB of total data inclusions (min cost $2448 ($102/mth) excess data 3c/MB, 2 min standard call $2)
Don’t wait a minute longer to get your hands on the Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 edge, pre-order online now!
Things you need to know:
- 4GX: Speeds vary for reasons like location, distance from base stations, terrain, user numbers, hardware/software configuration, download source and upload destination. Typical download speeds on Samsung Galaxy S6 are 2-100Mbps in 4GX areas and 2-50Mbps in 4G areas
- Mobile Accelerate Plan: Some usage is excluded, such as calls/text/MMS to premium numbers (e.g. 19xx numbers), 1234, 12455, 12456 and satellite numbers, content charges and use overseas. Unused allowances expire monthly
- Easy Share Business Plans: Some usage is excluded, such as calls/SMS/MMS to premium numbers (e.g. 19xx numbers), 1234, 12455 and 12456 numbers, some satellite numbers, content charges and use overseas. Unused allowances expire monthly
- Bonus Data: Expires monthly and will remain on your plan until you cancel or move to an ineligible plan
- Presto subscription: Available to new and recontracting eligible customers. For compatible devices, see www.presto.com.au/devices. Presto terms and conditions apply, see www.presto.com.au/telstra. Internet connection with minimum speed of 3Mbps required. Video quality may vary according to connection type. Only available for use in Australia
- After 6 months, ongoing monthly subscription fees for the Presto Entertainment package automatically apply unless customers cancel earlier. Data is unmetered when accessed via Telstra fixed home broadband