Demand for pre-paid gadgets soars at Christmas time. It’s no wonder given pre-paid is the ideal way to introduce teens to a mobile while allowing them to easily manage their costs.
But Pre-Paid isn’t just about mobiles, and it’s not only for teens either.
Our pre-paid range now includes some really sophisticated smartphones to suit even the most discerning phone owner.
We also have Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband devices so you can connect your Wi-Fi enabled and compatible devices.
Here’s a look at our top Pre-Paid gadgets for those of you planning on gifting a hot new device this Christmas.
This year Pre-Paid smartphones are more affordable than ever – with our range starting from $49.
- iPhone 5C 32 GB (Pink, Green & Yellow models only) $399RRP – available on Pre-Paid in Telstra branded and JB Hi-Fi stores only for a limited time when you activate the included $30 Pre-Paid SIM in store at the time of purchase. The iPhone 5C 32 GB features a 4” Retina display and an 8 megapixel camera. Keep in mind there are limited numbers so if you want to snap up this deal you have to get in quick!
- Nokia Lumia 635 $179RRP – comes with a portable MD-12 Nokia Wireless Speaker as a gift with purchase. This 4G enabled Windows Phone features a 4.5” display and a 5MP camera.
- Samsung GALAXY Ace 3 $179RRP – features a 5 megapixel camera, 4” display and is 4G enabled with a Blue Tick rating.
- Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus $129 – featuring a 5mega pixel camera and 4” touch screen display and is enabled with a Blue Tick rating.
- Telstra Tempo $49RRP – a great gift for someone new to smartphones. The phone is powered by Android and features a slimline design and a 2MP camera.
If you’re planning on buying a Samsung GALAXY Ace 3, Samsung GALAXY Trend Plus or Telstra Tempo you’ll also get a bonus $20 Google Play Credit via redemption. The credit means you can download apps, music and movies from the Google Play store this Christmas for extra entertainment.
To be eligible for this credit the SIM Card must be activated by January 26 2015 and the code redeemed by 23 February 2015. Read more about the Redemption Process here.
Once you have your new mobile phone, you can get the most out of it with Telstra Pre-Paid Freedom which gives you:
- Unlimited calls to standard Telstra mobiles
- Unlimited texts to standard Australian numbers
- 800MB data on the $30 Pre-Paid Freedom recharge
- $250 Credit ($30 recharge credit and $220 Freedom Credit) on the $30 Pre-Paid Freedom recharge
- Roll over unused recharge credit when you recharge before your credit expiry date
All for use in Australia within 28 days. For more information about Pre-Paid Freedom head to our website.
The Huawei MediaPad M1 8.0 is a smaller tablet measuring in at just 8” but it still includes fantastic visual and audio features like a HD display and front facing stereo speakers. This pre-paid tablet is available for $299RRP and is 4G enabled so you can connect to the Telstra Mobile Network while you’re on the go.
Telstra Pre-Paid 4G My Pocket Wi-Fi Ultimate is a great way to connect your Wi-Fi enabled and compatible devices at home or while on holiday this Christmas. Available for just $109RRP, it comes with 5GB of data pre-loaded for you to use in Australia within 30 days. It features a colour screen with a data usage meter to help you estimate when it’s time to recharge again. Lastly, the Telstra Pre-Paid 4G My Pocket Wi-Fi Ultimate is compatible with our new 4GX service meaning customers with this device will enjoy extreme speeds and extra 4G coverage in 4GX areas.
The Telstra mobile network offers 4gx in selected areas of Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Darwin, Adelaide, Brisbane, Hobart, and selected regional areas and is progressively rolling out to more places. In other coverage areas around Australia, you’ll automatically switch to our fastest available 4G, which is offered in all capital CBDs and associated airports, many surrounding suburban areas and in over 300 regional areas, or our 3G. Check coverage at Telstra.com/coverage.