Overview of the Windows Phone 7 Games Hub
Posted on December 1, 2010
3 min read
Hi Guys I’m Jinx and I work for Xbox Australia and in my role I’m lucky enough that I’ve been able to fully explore the Games Hub on Windows Phone 7. One of my earliest impressions was being impressed by the range of games available for all of the different gamer tastes, from the hardcore to people who want to be entertained with easy games and immersive experiences.
I’ve been asked by a lot of people about the integration between mobile and Xbox. Mobile gamers have the choice between playing solo, or using the free Xbox LIVE service to play against friends no matter where they are. That’s because the Games Hub is an on-the-go games arcade at your fingertips, with access to personalised avatars and gamer profiles so players can track scores and achievements.
In case you need a tip on where to start, here are a few of my favourites and some others that I’ve found on Marketplace that I thought I’d share:
- Sims 3 – This is a mobile version of the well-known life simulation game from EA in which you control the life of a “Sim” and help them to meet their daily needs. Sims 3 has also just released on Xbox 360. I’ve got this one and I’m hooked!
- UNO – One of the bestselling, top played games on Xbox LIVE Arcade and a classic card game.
- Earthworm Jim – This is a HD remake of the classic Earthworm Jim game and an all-time favourite of mine. It’s true to the original game, so it is great for fans of Earthworm Jim and his crazy adventures.
- Flight Control – this is an incredibly popular game, with good reason. You get to determine the flight path for planes to guide them to landing. It’s a well-known huge seller and this is the first time it’s appearing on the Xbox LIVE platform AFAIK.
- The Harvest – A science fiction, 3D game with touch screen play that is set on future Earth, some years after a destructive alien invasion. The graphics are very cool.
- Bejewelled – A very popular puzzle game where you can show off your prowess by earning special Xbox Live achievements and climb to the top of the Xbox LIVE leader boards
There are a tonne more that I’m yet to try out, but if you’re looking for fun and games, Check out the Xbox LIVE blog to get the inside view from gamers inside Xbox.
- Review – WP7 Xbox Live and Xbox Live Extras (Steve Wright (gt Stevivor)
- Getting to know Windows Phone 7: the second date went well (Robert Candelori)
What games do you recommend?
Subscribe for the latest news