Today we launched Telstra Go Repeaters – an intelligent antenna solution designed to improve mobile coverage or provide coverage in some places where it’s unavailable. Developed as part of our investment in mobile coverage for regional customers, the device can help improve voice quality and data speeds for both residential and business customers.
We know reliable coverage is at the heart of what our customers want from us. Over the previous three financial years alone, we have invested $2.2 billion in our regional mobile network so more Australians can experience a connected world that supports their way of life.
In addition to upgrading our mobile network in hundreds of regional locations to 4GX, bringing mobile coverage to some of the most remote communities of Australia, we also continue to look for ways to help customers connect with a number of products available like the Telstra Go Repeater that have been developed with our regional customers in mind.
The new Go Repeater is available in two variants: a stationary version designed for customers seeking a coverage solution in residential and commercial premises, and a portable version designed for customers that want to boost coverage in their car, truck or boat. Operating on both our 3G, 4G and 4GX technology, the device works by receiving mobile signals through an external antenna and then enhancing and re-transmitting this signal to a single indoor or in vehicle antenna to extend coverage.
Suitable for customers that travel between coverage areas or through areas of patchy coverage, or who work in offices or live in residences where indoor signal may be weaker or lacking, Telstra Go Repeater can both improve and extend coverage in areas where signal doesn’t reach.
The launch builds on a number of initiatives that allow our regional customers to connect and businesses to thrive, such as Telstra Wi-Fi Calling that provides voice calling capability on compatible devices when connected to a supported Wi-Fi network, even when the mobile signal is weak or absent, and our Blue Tick rating that signifies a mobile device has been thoroughly tested to deliver superior voice coverage in rural areas.
We are also an active participant in the Federal Government’s Mobile Black Spot Program, one of the largest ever expansions of mobile coverage in regional and rural Australia. We are bringing new and improved mobile coverage to regional and remote communities with more than 650 new mobile base stations being built through the Program, and have already delivered over half of these sites. This is more than double the commitment of all other carriers combined and representing a total Telstra investment of $260 million.
Customers can take up the Telstra Go Repeater on a monthly repayment plan or purchase the device outright, at a RRP of $648 for the stationary version or RRP of $720 for the portable version which includes an external magnetic mount antenna and internal antenna. The stationary version will require an external antenna at an additional cost and is required to be professionally installed. We do not offer installation for the portable version and it is recommended that customers arrange installation by an auto-electrician if required.
Things you need to know
- The Telstra Mobile Network offers 4GX in all capital CBDs and selected suburban and regional areas and is progressively rolling out to more places. In other coverage areas around Australia, you’ll automatically switch to our fastest available 4G or 3G. Check coverage here.
- 4GX speeds: Speeds vary for reasons like location, distance from base stations, terrain, user numbers, hardware/software configuration, download source and upload destination.
- Both the portable and stationary versions of the Telstra Go Repeater have been tested, authorised and approved by Telstra for use on the Telstra Mobile Network. The Telstra Go Repeater is compatible with Telstra’s Next G® Network and 4GX service operating on 3G 850MHz and 4G 700MHz / 1800MHz bands.
- A single External Antenna (not included) is required to receive the macro-network signals, and a single Indoor Antenna (included) is required where you need service.
- The type of External and Internal antenna is dependent on the specific use cases and coverage scenario.
- Blue-Tick rating devices are tested for receiver sensitivity in a laboratory under controlled conditions and in rural areas on the Telstra Mobile Network, ensuring optimal call quality for customers.