We’re pleased to confirm that the Xoom ICS software is now available. You can access the new software by selecting Settings > About Tablet > System Updates on your Xoom.
You will be required to update your Xoom to the latest Honeycomb software before you can access the ICS software. You can do this by selecting Settings > About Tablet > System Updates until you can see the ICS update.
Motorola XOOM tablets have been flying off shelves around Australia since they went on sale late last month.
Customers are already telling us that their tablets have become constant companions serving up HD video, email and games on the go.
Soon, Telstra Next G® Motorola XOOM customers will be able to do even more with their tablets thanks to the introduction of new Android™ Honeycomb 3.1 software – which is set to be made available to all of our XOOM customers in July.
Here are some of the improvements and new features customers can expect from the new software:
- Full support for the final release of Adobe Flash Player 10.3, delivering significant performance enhancements when viewing rich Flash content on the web.
- Resizable widgets to enable further customisation of home screens.
- The MicroSD card reader activation enabling customers to play apps and media from MicroSD cards.
- Support for USB-connected peripherals and accessories, such as keyboards, mice, game controllers and digital cameras.
- Expanded Bluetooth features to support Bluetooth headsets in Google Talk™ video chats and Bluetooth mouse support in addition to additional shortcut keys with the Bluetooth keyboard
- Picture Transfer Protocol Feature support to enable easier transfer of photo files to your PC without the need for drivers.
- A file manager app allowing you to easily navigate through your storage.
We expect to start testing the Android™ 3.1 software from next week. Testing will focus on ensuring all of the new features run smoothly on the Next G® network and in particular that the device and software deliver the best possible data speeds. We’re also testing to ensure the device performs in a reliable and stable manner.
We expect to make the software update available in July over-the-air — meaning customers will be able to download the update directly to their Motorola XOOM over Wi-Fi.
We’ll let you know as soon as it’s available.