My Football Live app: Watch every match of the Westfield W-League
Posted on September 6, 2018
4 min read
For the first time ever, fans will be able to watch every match of the upcoming Westfield W-League, bringing elite women’s football to more people, in more places than ever before.
Football Federation Australia and Telstra today announced all matches of the Westfield W-League 2018/19 season commencing 25 October will be streamed on the My Football Live app – live, fast and data free for our mobile customers.
In a game changer for Women’s Football in Australia, the Westfield W-League 2018/19 season will see the introduction of Thursday Night Football which means 13 stand-alone regular season matches will be played in prime time, live streamed on the My Football Live app and broadcast live on FOX SPORTS.
There will also be two Friday night prime time broadcast regular season matches – one of which is a standalone Melbourne Derby on 16 November 2018.
Season eleven of the Westfield W-League will kick-off with a Sydney Derby on Thursday 25 October at Marconi Stadium, which will be followed by three matches on Sunday 28 October – with Brisbane Roar FC hosting Perth Glory at Suncorp Stadium, Canberra United taking on the reigning Champions Melbourne City FC at McKellar Park and Melbourne Victory up against Adelaide United at AAMI Park.
The Westfield W-League 2019 Finals Series will be held over the weekend of 8-10 February, with the Westfield W-League 2019 grand final scheduled for the weekend of 16-17 February 2019.
FFA’s Head of Hyundai A-League & Westfield W-League, Greg O’Rourke, said that extensive work had gone into the development of the 11th edition of the Westfield W-League Season draw, with the number one strategic priority being to make all games accessible to Westfield W-League fans.
“It is our desire to make the Westfield W-League the football league of choice for the best female footballers in the world and football fans,” said O’Rourke.
“To help achieve this, we set ourselves the goal of ensuring that all matches for the upcoming Westfield W-League season will be either broadcast or streamed in Australia, as well as introducing prime time stand-alone fixtures to showcase the players and clubs.
“Working closely with all our stakeholders, I am proud to say that we achieved this with all 57 matches available live for fans via broadcast or stream locally.
“We have scheduled 13 stand-alone matches on Thursday nights which will be played in prime time, and a stand-alone Friday night Melbourne Derby.
“With the FIFA Women’s World Cup being held in France next year, all players, Australian and international, will be looking to impress in the lead up to the tournament and our expectations are that the on-field quality will continue to deliver thrilling moments for the fans.”
Key features of the Westfield W-League 2018/19 Season
- Westfield W-League 2018/19 Season will be played over 14 rounds (54 matches) followed by the Westfield W-League 2019 Finals series (3 matches)
- Every match accessible via the My Football Live app – live, fast and data free for Telstra mobile customers, up from 27 matches last season, and also via FOX SPORTS broadcast
- Introduction of stand-alone, prime time football on Thursday night
- All 3 Westfield W-League 2019 Finals Series matches will be streamed on the My Football Live app and broadcast live on FOX SPORTS and SBS VICELAND
- Each club will host at least two home broadcast matches during the Westfield W-League 2018/19 season
- 14 Westfield W-League/Hyundai A-League Double-Header matches
- Break for FIFA Women’s International Matches (5 – 13 November 2018) with Matilda’s international fixtures also available via My Football Live app
- Two Friday night prime time matches
- The Westfield W-League 2019 Semi Finals will be played on the weekend of 8-10 February 2019 with the Westfield W-League 2019 Grand Final scheduled for Sunday 17 February 2019.
After launching in late June, the My Football Live app sits alongside the NRL, AFL, AFLW, and Netball live apps and will provide our customers with unprecedented mobile access to every match of the upcoming Hyundai A-League season – beginning 19 October – live, fast and data-free, or by replay.
In addition to Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-League games, the app will offer customers and Live Pass holders select FFA Cup, Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas games, including Caltex Socceroos home friendlies and early round AFC Asian Cup and 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification games.
Our mobile customers can access My Football Live Pass included in their plan live, fast and data-free. Non-Telstra customers can unlock matches by purchasing a $99.99 annual Live Pass, $16.99 monthly Live Pass, or $4.99 weekly Live Pass.
For all membership, ticketing, news and match information including exclusive behind-the-scenes content on the Westfield W-League visit the W-League website.
Subscribe for the latest news