June 2012 update: MOG is now available! Find out more.
Today Telstra announced a deal that is close to my heart and is set to revolutionise the way Australians will listen to music.
Telstra announced that Aussies will soon have unlimited, on-demand access to more than 15 million songs, streamed to their mobile, tablet, computer or certain Smart TVs because of an exclusive partnership we signed with subscription music service, MOG.
‘MOG powered by Telstra’ is a massive deal for music lovers like me.
The ability to stream ad-free, unlimited music on connected devices for less than the price of a CD each month means the days of storing CDs or deciding what playlists to load onto your devices are coming to an end. With 15 million songs at your fingertips, you think of it, and there it is.
Music streaming is something that works best on a strong network so Telstra customers are going to have a great user experience and get all the streaming and downloading unmetered, meaning there won’t be any additional data charges from listening to music through MOG.
I have been using MOG for the past 6 months and it has completely changed the way I consume music. Since using it I have notice three things:
- I have a room full of records and CD’s and a hard drive full of music that I haven’t touched since I got MOG on my phone
- I’m listening to more music than I have in years – and I listen to A LOT of music!
- I am discovering exciting new artists every day without the need to trawl music blogs, magazines and podcasts. Something I just don’t have time for these days.
This is because MOG makes it so easy to find the music you love and more importantly recommends new albums to you every day based on your listening habits. It’s the digital equivalent of walking into the old record store where the guy behind the counter knows your tastes and suggests a few new albums to you.
The service does this in a number of ways:
- On-demand streaming: Unlimited, ad-free listening to any artist, album, or song at any time. MOG’s HTML5, browser-based player delivers music to you blazingly fast on the web.
- Unlimited downloads: MOG allows users to download and store music on your phone, enabling access to music even when a data connection is unavailable – ideal for jetsetters.
- MOG radio: Best-in-class, personal radio that builds a an endless playlist based on the artist you select. If you want more variety, just move the slider to the right to introduce similar artists to the playlist.
- Personalised recommendations: The “Just for you” dashboard provides music recommendations based on your MOG listening habits and your artist “likes” on Facebook.
- Highest quality audio: MOG streams music at 320kbps, giving customers a high quality listening experience.
- Curated content: Explore all MOG has to offer through its complete guide. From New Releases, Editor’s Picks, top Charts, Featured Playlists, and Custom Radio in addition to your own, tagged songs from within the MOG music service, you will find exactly what they’re looking for (and more).
The service will be available to all Australians in the coming months regardless of network. I can’t wait for you to experience MOG and fall in love with it like I have.
For more information about MOG and Telstra, visit www.mog.com