MessageBank® Plus – a new way to dial up voicemail on Apple iPhone
Posted on March 22, 2011
2 min read
From today, customers with a compatible Apple® iPhone™ on a Telstra mobile plan can access a new and convenient way to manage their voicemail. It’s called MessageBank Plus and it allows you to quickly access the voice messages that matter to you most.
Here’s how it works. By linking up with the iPhone’s voicemail interface, MessageBank plus serves up all of your voice messages (in date order) as a list on your phone. To play back a message, you can simply browse through your list of voicemail and tap on the item you’d like to hear. There’s even a handy ‘Call Back’ button so you can return calls with a single touch.
It’s a real-time saver as you can select the voicemail that’s important to you without having to call 101 MessageBank or play through all of your messages.
We know many of you have been asking for this feature for some time, so we’re really pleased that we’ve been able to design, test and now offer this to customers.
MessageBank Plus requires an Apple iPhone running iOS4.3 or later, connected to a Telstra Post-Paid mobile voice service.
The service is charged at $5 per month and includes the delivery of voice messages to your iPhone within Australia which you can then playback at your leisure. Normal charges apply for calls made using the Call Back function and for call diversion to MessageBank and retrieval from MessageBank by calling +61101. International data roaming charges apply for delivery of messages to your iPhone using MessageBank Plus while overseas.
We hope it makes managing voicemail that little bit easier.
How to set up and use MessageBank Plus
- Contact Telstra to have MessageBank Plus activated on your mobile service
- Touch the Phone icon on your home screen and select Voicemail.
- To record your personal greeting (that the caller will hear), select Greeting and record your message and then touch Save. If you have an existing personal greeting, you don’t need to re-record your greeting.
- Touch the message you want to listen to from the list of voicemails:
- A blue dot indicates a new message.
- Use the Play/Pause button or drag the progress slider to control the playback.
- Press Delete to remove the message from both your iPhone and MessageBank.
- Press Call Back to return the call with a single touch (standard call charges apply).