Meet the new Google Pixel 3 and the new Pixel 3 XL, two new flagship smartphones from Google coming to our stores soon. The new phones bring the latest AI-powered features and an even better AI-powered camera than the last generation Pixel 2, as well as a host of new tech under the hood.
Available for pre-order from today, the Google Pixel 3 is the third yearly upgrade to Google’s Pixel series, bringing important improvements to everything from screens to software. The best of Google in a phone means a brilliant camera, a brand new design, and Android software that gets smarter as you use it.
The Google Pixel 3 packs a 5.5-inch, 2160×1080 pixel flexible OLED screen into its slim and compact frame, with the convenience of a super-fast rear fingerprint sensor for secure unlocking. If you’re a fan of bigger screens, the Google Pixel 3 XL has an enormous 6.3-inch, 2960×1440 pixel OLED display inside a device that’s identical in size to the Pixel 2 XL launched last year – but with slimmer bezels around the perimeter of the screen, and an innovative notch that pushes that display right to the edge.
We’ll be stocking both the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL in three colours each: Just Black, Clearly White, and a new design called Not Pink. You’ll be able to choose between 64GB and 128GB storage for your photos, videos and other media. As an added bonus, if you pre-order a Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL we’ll include a bonus Google Home Mini for you to enjoy.
The Pixel 3 has a 12.2-megapixel rear camera, but it’s more than just the specs that matter here. The new Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL are built to boost your social life too, with a new Group Selfie mode that uses not one but two front-facing selfie cameras to capture a wide group of friends in a single snap. Google’s Pixel phones have an excellent reputation when it comes to camera, and the Pixel 3 improves on that with new software enhancements that allow you to adjust your portrait after you capture that once-in-a-lifetime photo.
When you’re snapping away with the Google Pixel 3, the phone’s Top Shot feature will automatically choose the best image from a burst series of photos – lowering the chance that you’ll capture a snap with an accidental blink. Night photography is much improved, too, as is the phone’s Super Res Zoom – both giving you the sharpest possible photos from your phone in difficult conditions.
With all the AI power of the Google Assistant available at the tap of a finger or by saying “OK Google,” the Pixel 3 has access to all the power of Google’s online services like Google Maps and Google Photos, as well as a smart suite of features like Google Lens – letting you use your phone’s camera to translate text or identify plants and animals in the world around you.
The new Google Pixel 3 and Google Pixel 3 XL also bring new features like Adaptive Battery software, which learns from your day-to-day usage, to further stretch your time away from a charger, and fast 10 Watt wireless charging support. A range of accessories like the new Google Pixel Stand will also help make the Pixel 3 even easier to live with – and we’ll let you know about all our favourite accessories.
If the Pixel 3 catches your fancy, you’ll be able to pre-order Google’s latest and greatest smartphone from today and we’ll deliver it to you – along with that bonus Google Home Mini – from 1 November.
Customers who take up the Google Pixel 3 64GB on the $99 Mobile Lease Plan with a $0 monthly handset lease payment (min cost $2,376 over 24 months when handset returned in good working order¹) will receive 30GB of mobile data as well as Peace of Mind Data which is speed capped at 1.5Mbps (which is not suitable for HD video or high speed applications, and means that some web pages, video/social media content and files may take longer to load) and slowed further during busy periods. For personal use in a smartphone in Australia only, is not shareable and the FairPlay Policy applies.
Peace of Mind Data allows customers to stream SD videos and music, and stay in touch on social media while on the go, without worrying about extra data charges if they exceed their monthly data allowance. The speeds customers actually receive may vary depending on a range of factors including their device, location, user numbers and download sources.
Customers will also receive a bonus Google Home Mini (RRP $79) when they pre-order with Telstra, for an integrated home and mobile Google experience. Subject to stock availability instore and online.
Customers will also receive all the great extras exclusively available to Telstra mobile customers like data-free streaming of AFL, NRL, Netball and A-League and access to Australia’s largest and fastest mobile network. Based on national average mobile speeds.
Google Assistant coming to Telstra TV®
We’re also excited to continue and expand our ongoing partnership with Google, and that continues with our announcement today of a new feature coming to Telstra TV. We’ll soon bring voice control through Google Assistant to Telstra TV, letting you use a Google Home or your Android smartphone to control, play and search for movies, TV shows, and live TV.
Additionally, Telstra TV will be the first Australian streaming device to be integrated with Google’s new Direct Action commands. This will enable a whole new set of automation and shortcut experiences for our customers. We’ll have more details to share on this feature in the coming weeks.
Google Lens and Google Assistant require an internet connection.
For available Google Lens languages, visit Google Photos Help.
Things you need to know
- Google Home Mini Gift: Google Home Mini requires Wi-Fi, and a nearby electrical outlet. Subject to stock availability in stores. Available to new and recontracting customers with all Mobile and Mobile Lease Plans (excluding plans with Apple devices). Not redeemable for cash.
- Device Lease Contract (DLC): If you cancel early you may incur early termination fees and total min cost may be higher.
- Mobile Lease Plans: You must lease an eligible phone for 24 months. You don’t own the phone, and must return it at the end of the lease unless you make an offer to purchase it. If your lease is cancelled within 12 months, you must pay a fee based on the RRP of your device. If your lease is cancelled after 12 months, you can return the phone and pay $99 if in good working order. In both cases you must also pay any additional early termination charges or accessory option repayments options. Additional fees up to $499 apply if you return a damaged phone, the locking features have not been disabled, you cancel your lease early and return a damaged phone or you don’t return your phone at the end of your lease. Learn more about leasing here.
- Foxtel Now: Data charges apply. Limit 1 offer for new Foxtel Now customers only.
- Sports App: Only Suncorp Super Netball, Australian based test matches and Fast 5 World Series live. Data-free on the Telstra Mobile Network. For use in Australia. Learn more here.
- Pixel, Google, Google Lens, Google Assistant, Google Home Mini, Google Photos and other Google marks are trade marks of Google Inc. Foxtel marks are used under licence by Foxtel Management Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
- ® are registered trade marks and ™ are trade marks of Telstra Corporation Limited, ABN 33 051 775 556.