In case you missed it, overnight Samsung unveiled the new Galaxy Note8. And we’re excited to offer this epic new phone to our customers.
There is so much to love about the new Note8. Here are our top reasons why we love it.
- Big speed: The biggest thing we’re excited about is the speeds the Galaxy Note8 makes possible. The Note8 joins Telstra’s growing range of gigabit per second capable smartphones on Australia’s fastest mobile network. Gigabit enabled areas of Telstra’s network are available within a 1km radius from the centre of the CBD areas in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Typical speeds for Cat 16 devices are in the range of 5 to 300 Mbps in 4GX areas. The phone also boasts upload speeds of up to 50 per cent faster than any previous Note models in Australia, all on Australia’s fastest mobile network. (Fastest network based on national average combined 3G/4G mobile speeds.)
- Epic screen: The massive 6.3-inch edge to edge Infinity Display lets you see more and do more – perfect for viewing the latest movies or live streaming a footy match.
- S Pen: The versatile S Pen and screen-off mode enables you to write or draw even when the screen is asleep. Now that’s efficient!
- Dual Camera: With two advanced rear cameras and 2x optical zoom, you can capture the finest details even in low light conditions. How good are your selfies going to look now!
- Big security: The Note8 allows you to unlock your phone using facial recognition technology, a fingerprint reader or the iris scanner.
- Water and dust resistance: The Note8 is water-resistant to 1.5 metres for up to 30 minutes. And it’s dust-resistant too. Phew!
Sounds amazing, right!? Click here to register your interest. Pre-orders open from 5 September.
To cater to your growing appetite for mobile data and streaming music and entertainment on the fly, we’ll soon be introducing our new mobile plans that put the spotlight on data and entertainment.
These new plans will deliver the same unrivalled network experience and 4G coverage you have come to expect from Telstra.
The plans will include all the great extras exclusively available to Telstra mobile customers like unlimited Wi-Fi at over one million Telstra Air hotspots around Australia and 20 million Fon hotspots worldwide, 200GB of OneDrive cloud storage, and unmetered streaming of Apple Music and every AFL, NRL and netball game this season.
Details of our new plans, including pricing and availability, will be announced soon.
In the meantime, check out what they’re saying about the Note8 on the web.
The Telstra Mobile Network offers 4GX in all capital CBDs and selected suburban and regional areas and is progressively rolling out to more places. In other coverage areas around Australia, you’ll automatically switch to our fastest available 4G or 3G. Check coverage at telstra.com/coverage. Speeds vary for reasons like location, distance from base stations, terrain, user numbers, hardware/software configuration, download source and upload destination.
The Telstra Mobile Network offers 4G in all capital CBDs and associated airports, most surrounding suburban areas and in over 600 regional towns. You’ll automatically switch to our fastest available 3G in other coverage areas around Australia. Check coverage at telstra.com/coverage.