Introducing the Bigger Picture 2014 Sustainability Report
Posted on September 1, 2014
2 min read
I’m pleased to share with you Telstra’s Bigger Picture 2014 Sustainability Report.
Our approach to sustainability has evolved and matured considerably over the past few years, and FY14 has been no exception.
This year, we’ve worked to address the issues that matter most to our business and stakeholders, and to embed social and environmental considerations into the heart of our business.
Key highlights include:
- Reducing carbon emissions intensity by 30% and setting a target to reduce emissions intensity by a further 55% by 2017
- Fostering digital inclusion through our Everyone Connected programs, which delivered $194 million worth of benefits to our customers and communities
- Achieving an employee engagement score of 82% – five percent above the Australian national norm
- Delivering digital literacy training to more than 143,000 people
- Releasing a thought leadership report highlighting the potential for the Information Communications and Technology (ICT) industry to create a low-carbon economy, saving up to $8.1 billion a year in electricity, fuel and aviation travel costs, and reducing national emissions by up to 4.7%
- Establishing the Telstra Foundation Philippines
I encourage you to take a few minutes to review our performance in each of the key report chapters, and as always, I welcome any feedback you have.
Want to hear more more about sustainability at Telstra? Subscribe to the Sustainability Matters newsletter.