Head overseas with double the data these summer holidays
Heading overseas this summer? We have some exciting news for you!
Following the launch of our International Day Pass in July this year, we’re doubling the data allowance and expanding coverage to an additional 17 countries, taking it to a total of 75 countries around the world.
We know how important it is to stay connected while traveling overseas, that’s why we’ve doubled the data allowance on our International Day Pass, so travellers can now enjoy 200MB of data per day for the same price ($10/day or $5/day in New Zealand)!
The Day Pass is now also available in more popular holiday destinations including Vietnam, Cambodia, Russia, Laos and Sri Lanka.
Telstra mobile and eligible broadband customers can still access free Wi-Fi at 20 million Fon Spots overseas with Telstra Air.
Telstra Air includes one million Wi-Fi hotspots across Australia and millions of Fon Spots overseas, giving our customers access to free data in more places when travelling without having to dip into their International Day Pass data allowance.
Customers can opt-in to a Day Pass any time before their trip as they will only be charged for the days they use their mobile and will have more data to use when accessing travel services like maps, translation and social apps.
If you’re heading overseas, you can easily take up a new Day Pass online, through the 24×7 app, at the airport, or at your destination.
Staying connected and keeping peace of mind about your data usage is vital to enjoying your holiday. Here are a few of our top tips to safely connect while travelling abroad.
TOP TIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL ROAMING
- Activate your International Roaming Day Pass before you leave. It is only active once you leave Australia, plus it means you can start Instagramming from the moment you arrive!
- Turn off your push notifications and automatic alerts before you leave for your holiday. These can chew up your data usage without you even knowing!
- Use your hotel or café Wi-Fi to download any maps or directions you need before you head out for the day.
- Avoid working with sensitive data when using unsecured public Wi-Fi. It can be great for checking the news or maps online, but not a great time to do your banking.
- Tell your friends and family where you’re off to. Not just to make them jealous, but to make sure they contact you via channels you can easily access while using data or Wi-Fi, like Facebook private messages, WhatsApp, or Viber.
Learn more information about Telstra’s new International Day Pass.