Finding Telstra Air hotspots in Australia’s most iconic and picturesque locations will help Aussies up their Insta game without chewing up their mobile data writes Viveca Samuelsson.
Our national Wi-Fi network, Telstra Air, is now available in more than a million places around Australia.
To celebrate, we’re giving everyone access to free and unlimited data at over 4,000 Telstra Air hotspots on Tuesday 20 June – World Wi-Fi Day. All you need is a Wi-Fi enabled device, then find a participating public hotspot, like a Telstra Air pink payphone, and get connected.
To help you make the most of World Wi-Fi Day, we’ve worked with Instagram to uncover the most Insta-worthy locations in every state. With Telstra Air hotspots in the heart of each location – or just nearby – it’s easier than ever for Australians to up their Insta game.
Australia’s most Instagrammed locations by state*:
- Bondi Beach, New South Wales
- St Kilda Beach, Victoria
- Surfers Paradise Beach, Queensland
- Fremantle Beach, Western Australia
- Glenelg Beach, South Australia
- Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), Tasmania
Eligible Telstra home broadband customers and customers with a personal or business mobile can already access free data at Telstra Air hotspots across the country and millions of Fon Spots overseas. Customers can download the Telstra Air App or head to www.telstra.com/air for more details.
About World Wi-Fi Day:
Telstra is the Australian partner of the Wireless Broadband Alliance’s second annual World Wi-Fi Day, which is a global event to recognise and celebrate the significant role Wi-Fi is playing in getting cities and communities around the world connected. Global partners include Fon, at&t, BT, Spark, Google and Cisco.
* The top locations where Instagram members shared posts in each state in the 12 months to Dec 2016.
How to get online for free on Tuesday 20 June
- If you’re already a Telstra Air customer – continue to use the Telstra Air app and access Wi-Fi for free.
- If you’re at a Telstra Air public hotspot (pink payphone and some Telstra stores)
- Step 1: Open the list of available networks on your mobile device and connect to: Telstra Free Wi-Fi
- Step 2: A pop up browser should automatically open; if it doesn’t;
- Open an internet browser on your device (Safari, Google Chrome, IE etc)
- Try to access any website (Facebook, YouTube)
- This will trigger the portal to open
- Step 3: Click Connect to accept the Terms and conditions
- Step 4: You will see a success screen and can now access free Wi-Fi