HTC Velocity 4G gets an Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade
Posted on March 14, 2012
2 min read
Just a quick note to advise that this week we’re introducing the latest Google Android™ operating system to one of our best-selling smartphones the HTC Velocity 4G.
The new operating system, called Android 4.0, unleashes some great new features including Face Unlock and Wi-Fi Direct.
To keep track of your data usage Android 4.0 adds new controls for managing network data usage as well.
The update also brings Sense 3.6 which introduces:
- Rich HTC widgets and camera improvements
- Calendar app with additional feeds from weather, Facebook and tasks
- More powerful browsing, including:
- Text reflow (text is automatically wrapped on a webpage to any zoom level)
- Phone number detection in web pages making it easier to initiate calls
- Geo data (i.e. addresses, locations) detection in web pages making it easier to navigate
- Smooth scrolling/panning/zooming
How to upgrade
Over the air:
Because it is a large update (210 MB), we strongly recommend customers use a home Wi-Fi connection. If you download via a mobile network while you are on international roaming then international data charges will apply and this is not recommended.
If they haven’t already received an update notification, customers should receive one in the coming days.
To manually request the update they can go to: Menu>Settings>About Phone>Software updates>Check now
- Win an HTC Velocity 4G
- My 4G hands-on experience – David Thodey
- HTC Velocity 4G – first look
- HTC Velocity 4G – buy now
- Telstra.com – Why Android?