How to extend the ring time of your Telstra mobile
Posted on August 15, 2014
2 min read
The other day I was cooking spaghetti when I heard the distant ring of my mobile phone.
Elbow-deep in bolognese sauce; I was in no position to try and answer. But try I did! And by the time I washed my hands, raced to the lounge room and threw around my cushions like a mad woman to find my phone, it was too late; the call had gone to MessageBank.
Deflated, I returned to my sauce (which was delicious, thanks for asking!). As it was an unknown number and they left no message, I had no idea who the call was from – and I will never know who the call was from! 🙁
No doubt you’ve been there before. But here’s a solution we shared a while back that I thought you’d like to be reminded of. You can extend the ring time on your mobile before it diverts to MessageBank. Genius!
Extend your ring time
By default your phone rings for 15 seconds before diverting a call. You can actually change this by increments of five seconds, up to 30 seconds.
To extend the ring time, enter the following sequence on your phone, followed by the number of seconds you wish your phone to ring for, then hash.
- Press **61*101**[15, 20, 25 or 30]#.
- Press the call/send button.
To extend your ring time, you’ll need to make a note of and then dial a code involving your forwarding number.
- Dial *#61#.
- It will display the number the calls are forwarded to and the current ring time. Write down the forwarding number.
- Dial **61*+1xxxxxxxxxx*11*30# (where xxxxxxxxxx is the number displayed previously and 30 is the new ring time – you can pick 15, 20, 25 or 30).
- Dial *#61# to check the new settings.
Subscribe for the latest news