Your phone is ringing but – ah, where is it? it’s in your bag – but you can’t find it fast enough and then you miss the call.
If you’re on the Telstra mobile network, there’s a little trick you can do on your device to extend the ring time, giving you more time to answer before the call goes onto voicemail.
By default your phone rings for 15 seconds before diverting a call. You can actually change this by increments of five seconds, up to 30 seconds. Below, we’ve got a guide for iPhone and Android users alike to extend the ring time of your device.
To extend the ring time, enter the following sequence on your phone, followed by the number of seconds you wish your phone to ring for, then hash.
- Press **61*101**[15, 20, 25 or 30]#.
- Press the call/send button.
To extend your ring time, you’ll need to make a note of and then dial a code involving your forwarding number.
- Dial *#61#.
- It will display the number the calls are forwarded to and the current ring time. Write down the forwarding number.
- Dial **61*+1xxxxxxxxxx*11*[15, 20, 25 or 30]#.
- Dial *#61# to check the new settings.
Trying to extend the ring time of your home phone? Check out this video on our YouTube channel.