Australians living and working in rural and regional areas are set to benefit from superior call quality with the release of the new Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+. These are the first Telstra 4G Blue Tick certified smartphones and the fastest phones available on Australia’s fastest mobile network (based on national average combined 3G/4G mobile speeds).
Telstra Blue Tick phones provide superior mobile coverage performance and are recommended for use by customers who live and work in rural areas. We’re excited to bring the first devices with 4G Blue Tick to the bush. These devices must undergo rigorous testing in our laboratories and rural areas to ensure they deliver quality service for our customers.
Our mobile network is Australia’s fastest and customers with a GS8 or GS8+ could experience smartphone data speeds among the fastest in the world. And because the devices have been built with Australia’s unique conditions in mind, our customers who live and work in the regions will benefit from superior call quality on our 4GX service.
What’s more, customers who own the new smartphones will also benefit from integrated Wi-Fi calling, meaning voice calls will seamlessly transfer between Telstra’s 4GX service and an accessible Wi-Fi connection, ensuring coverage in areas where even the nation’s best mobile network can’t reach.
About Telstra’s Blue Tick
- Telstra’s Blue Tick signifies that a mobile device has been thoroughly tested and delivers superior voice coverage in rural and regional areas
- It was established by Telstra 10 years ago to help regional customers choose the phone that would provide them with the best coverage experience
- Devices are tested for receiver sensitivity in a laboratory under controlled conditions and in rural areas on the Telstra Mobile Network, ensuring optimal call quality for customers
- Up to now, Telstra’s Blue Tick has only been tested for calls carried over a 3G service. But with the transition of voice calls to 4G technology (VoLTE) Telstra has refreshed the testing methodology
- Samsung’s Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ are the first devices to achieve Telstra’s Blue Tick on 3G and 4GX