As major flooding hits Forbes and its surrounding areas, we’ve organised an assistance package for our residential and small business customers in affected areas who have been evacuated or who have lost services due to the impact of this strong weather.
Heavy rain and storms have caused flooding and extensive damage across the Forbes area of New South Wales. Dam levels and flooding in the area are expected to rise even further in the coming days, and we’ve already seen evacuation orders in some areas reported due to rising floodwaters.
We know that when you’re doing it tough, it’s more important than ever to reach out to family and friends. We’ve activated an assistance package that gives our customers both short- and long-term measures to help out; that assistance can range from extra data on your mobile and free call diversions to a one-off credit to help cover the cost of getting a fixed phone service back up and running.
Our assistance package gives Telstra customers access to free and interim services during short-term impacts from this damaging weather, with long-term measures also available for customers who have suffered severe damage or loss of their homes and businesses.
If you’re a Telstra customer living in one of the areas we’ve listed, we’ll send you an SMS with a link to request a disaster assistance package. You can also find out more about our disaster assistance packages here.
If you need a temporary diversion for a landline phone to an alternate number, or for other long-term assistance, please contact us. If you’re in a disaster-impacted area, give us a call on 1800 888 888 to speak with our disaster assistance team.
Our assistance packages for affected customers can include the following:
Short term measures (for Telstra customers who have suffered a short-term impact, evacuation or fault):
- Calls diverted from a fixed line service to another number while you’re displaced from your residence or business (to Australian numbers only)
- 25GB data pack for post-paid mobile customers (30-day expiry, not transferrable to another service)
- 25GB prepaid data and free calls (30-day expiry, not transferrable to another service)
There may also be longer term assistance available for Telstra customers who have suffered severe damage to or loss of their premises and require longer term assistance.
Long-term measures (for Telstra customers who have suffered severe damage to or loss of their premises):
- Free call diversion from the customer’s Telstra fixed phone service to another Australian fixed or mobile service of their choice, regardless of the carrier
- A one-off credit to the customer’s Telstra fixed phone account to cover the costs of connecting a Telstra fixed phone service at one temporary address, and
- Re-connection of a Telstra fixed phone service at the customer’s original permanent address.