Connect to the world’s fastest mobile hotspot with our new mobile data plans
Posted on February 14, 2017
5 min read
With typical speeds of 5 – 300Mbps in 4GX coverage areas, the Nighthawk M1 paves the way for a new breed of mobile applications and experiences, and includes a host of useful features geared toward our customers’ evolving needs, like smartphone charging, media streaming, data storage, and support for up to 20 Wi-Fi devices.
To coincide with the launch, we are introducing new Mobile Data and Wireless Broadband plans with generous data inclusions and unlimited access to over 750,000 Telstra Air hotspots until 27 March, 2018, up to 200GB free cloud storage, and data free live streaming in Australia of every AFL, NRL and Netball 2017 season games with compatible devices so you don’t miss any of the action. For more information visit Telstra.com/livesport.
Go Mobile Data Plus Plans
Perfect for busy families on the go, the new Go Mobile Data Plus plans come with data allowances that can be shared with eligible services on the same account. Starting at $15/month (min. cost over 12 months $180), the plans are available on 12 or 24 month contracts, with the option to take up a tablet, mobile hotspot and pay it off each month or connect an existing compatible device.
Customers taking up a $45 and above Go Mobile Data Plus plan can receive a Nighthawk M1 at no additional cost each month when they stay connected for 24 months (min. cost $1,080). The $45 per month Go Mobile Data Plus plan with 10GB of data is expected to be the most popular option.
What does an estimate of 10GB of monthly data usage look like?
- Send or receive 3,000 emails (without attachment)
- Browse 150 web pages
- Stream 7.5 hours of video
- Watch 1 HD movie
- Download 90 apps
- Stream 1 hour of music per day
How will you use your data? Find out with our data usage calculator.
Home Wireless Broadband Plus Plans
Our new Home Wireless Broadband Plus plans are ideal for people who may not have access to fixed broadband services or who are renting.
Plans start at $100/month with 40GB of data included, and are available on either 12 or 24 month contracts. Customers who take up a Home Wireless Broadband Plus Plan can receive the Nighthawk M1 at no additional cost each month when they stay connected for 24 months (min. cost $2,400).
My Business Mobile Data Plans
For businesses that need office-like bandwidth on the go, our new My Business Mobile Data Plans include data allowances that can be shared between colleagues, clients or vendors. Once the pooled data runs out it is automatically topped up in 1GB block for $10, ensuring you and your team stay connected.
Plans are available on 12 or 24 month contracts or a casual month-to-month basis for a $10 premium.
The Nighthawk M1 mobile hotspot is available at no additional cost on $45 and above 24-month plans. With 10GB of data and a Nighthawk M1 device included at no extra cost when they stay connected for 24 months, the $45/month My Business Mobile Data plan is sure to be a popular option among business customers (min. cost $1,080).
My Business Wireless Broadband Plans
A great solution for businesses that are unable to connect fixed broadband at their premises, My Business Wireless Broadband Plans are available on either 12 or 24 month contracts or a casual month-to-month basis for a $10 premium.
Starting at $100/month, customers can receive a Nighthawk M1 at no additional cost when they stay connected to a 24-month My Business Wireless Broadband plan (min. cost $1,200).
Things you need to know
- If you cancel a plan early the remaining device payments will be higher as you’ll no longer receive a credit to offset your device cost
- Go Mobile Data Plus Plans and My Business Mobile Data Plans: Charges apply for excluded usage (e.g. content charges and use overseas) and excess data. Unused allowances expire monthly. Extra Data: If you go over your Monthly Data Allowance, we automatically add data a 1GB block for $10 for use that month. For use in Australia and shared with eligible data sharing services on your account.
- Home Wireless Broadband Plus Plans and My Business Wireless Broadband Plans: Charges apply for excluded usage (e.g. content charges and use overseas) and excess data. Unused allowances expire monthly. Data cannot be shared. If you go over your Monthly Data Allowance, we automatically add data a 1GB block for $10 for use that month.
- Sports offer: To get this offer, you need to be a Telstra mobile customer with either a post-paid, pre-paid or a Telstra mobile broadband plan. Of course, you’ll also need a compatible device. You need to take up the sports offer by 31-12-17 using your device on the Telstra mobile network and you can keep watching until 31-01-18. Your Passes can only be used in Australia. For more information visit com/livesport.
- Free 200GB Cloud Storage Subscription: Eligible Telstra customers can access the cloud with Microsoft OneDrive. Offer can be redeemed once per customer account. Data charges apply.
- Bonus data on Home Wireless Broadband Plus and My Business Wireless Broadband plans available for a limited time only.
Subscribe for the latest news