Connect up to 10 devices with the new Mobile Wi-Fi 4G Advanced mobile hotspot
Posted on November 14, 2013
3 min read
Aussies are more connected than ever before and have a growing array of connected devices with them wherever they go like laptops, smartphones and tablets. Managing separate connections and accounts for each gadget can be a hassle and many Aussies are choosing a mobile broadband wi-fi hotspot as an easy way to stay connected.
This week we launched the new Telstra Mobile Wi-Fi 4G Advanced hotspot. It is Australia’s first mobile hotspot that can connect up to 10 devices simultaneously making it perfect for everything from family summer holiday trips to keeping your various devices connected while you are commuting to and from work. It is also a great device for our small business customers who can use their own devices when they are out on customer visits or out on the road.
The Telstra Mobile Wi-Fi 4G Advanced also has a number of other innovative features including a colour touch screen for managing settings without having to log into a PC browser and a data meter that is integrated with our billing system making it simpler to monitor data usage. It also has a battery life of up to 10 hours (up to 250 hours on stand-buy) meaning you can complete a full work day without worrying about charging it. If your phone battery is running low you can even use the Telstra Wi-Fi Advanced to give your smartphone battery a boost.
The Telstra Wi-Fi 4G Advanced is also one of the world’s first LTE Advanced-compatible products and it will operate in this mode in some locations where we have a lower 4G band in place for coverage or capacity.
This device is a great choice for any customer who needs to connect multiple devices regularly. You can enjoy our 4G speeds in more places with Telstra 4G now offering four times the 4G coverage of any other telco in Australia.
Key features of the Telstra Wi-Fi 4G Advanced:
- Allows customers to connect up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices to fast mobile internet.
- A 2.4-inch colour screen displays information such as data usage, Wi-Fi name, signal strength, number of devices connected and battery level at a glance. The touch interface allows owners to read SMS notifications and change setting such as Wi-Fi range and band direct from the device without having to connect to a PC interface.
- 4G Category 4 and 3G Dual Channel technology ensures owners are connected to the fastest speeds available in their area, across the Telstra Mobile Network.
- Features dual-band Wi-Fi capable of providing Wi-Fi coverage on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.
- Battery supports up to ten hours’ continuous use or up to 250 hours/10-days standby.
The Telstra Wi-Fi 4G Advanced is available now on a range of 24 month consumer and business plans and can be bought outright for $218.
For instance consumer customers can purchase it for $6 per month on a $50 Telstra Mobile Broadband Freedom® Plan when they stay connected for 24 months, with 8GB of included data each month to use in Australia (min cost $1,344, data 0.61c/MB).
Business customers can purchase it for $6 per month on the $50 Telstra Mobile Broadband Business Plan when they stay connected for 24 months (min total cost $1,344, data 0.61c/MB) with 8GB of included data each month to use in Australia.
The Telstra Mobile Network offers 4G in all capital CBDs and associated airports, many surrounding suburban areas and in over 100 regional areas. You’ll automatically switch to our fastest available 3G in other coverage areas around Australia. Check coverage at telstra.com/coverage.