We’ve organised an assistance package for our residential and small business customers in WA who have been evacuated or who have lost services due to bushfires in their regions.
Updated 16 March 2021: We’ve now closed our assistance package for Western Australian customers affected by the Perth Hills area bushfires in early February 2021. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Our original article follows:
We know how important it is to reach out to friends and family during a crisis, and we want to do all we can to help. Our assistance package gives Telstra customers access to free and interim services during short-term impacts from these bushfires, with long-term measures also available for customers who have suffered severe damage or loss of their homes and businesses.
Bushfires burning across the Perth Hills area in WA have damaged some homes and forced some residents to evacuate. Customers impacted include those in the following postcodes and suburbs:
6056 – Baskerville, Bellevue, Boya, Greenmount, Helena Valley, Herne Hill, Jane Brook, Koongamia, Middle Swan, Midland, Midvale, Millendon, Red Hill, Stratton, Swan View, Viveash, Woodbridge
6069 – Aveley, Belhus, Brigadoon, Ellenbrook, Ellenbrook East, The Vines, Upper Swan
6081 – Parkville
6083 – Gidgegannup, Morangup
6084 – Bullsbrook, Chittering, Lower Chittering
6558 – Wooroloo
6560 – Wundowie
If you’re a Telstra customer living in one of the areas we’ve listed, we’ll send you an SMS with a link to request a disaster assistance package. You can also find out more about our disaster assistance packages here.
If you need a temporary diversion for a landline phone to an alternate number, or for other long-term assistance, please contact us. If you’re in a disaster-impacted area, give us a call on 1800 888 888 to speak with our disaster assistance team.
Our assistance packages for affected customers can include the following:
Short term measures (for Telstra customers who have suffered a short-term impact, evacuation or fault):
● Free use of Telstra public payphones in the affected areas
● Free call diversion from an affected fixed home or business phone service to another fixed or mobile service of the customer’s choice, regardless of the carrier
● 25GB data pack for post-paid mobile customers (30 day expiry, not transferrable to another service)
● 25GB data and free calls for pre-paid mobile customers (30 day expiry, not transferrable to another service)
Long-term measures (for Telstra customers who have suffered severe damage to or loss of their premises):
● Free call diversion from the customer’s Telstra fixed phone service to another Australian fixed or mobile service of their choice, regardless of the carrier. This offer is applicable for a maximum period of 6 months from the date of the fire.
● In addition, Telstra will apply a one-off credit up to the value of $500 inc. GST to the customer’s Telstra fixed phone account to help cover the costs of the following, if required:
○ Connection of a Telstra fixed phone service at one temporary residence
○ Re-connection of a Telstra fixed phone service at the customer’s original permanent premises