14 Apr 2014
By Peter Scougall
Apr
2014

Customer Relationship Management in a mobile-centric world

Filed under: , ,

Connected-Tablets_hero

We’re all living in a rapidly changing, ever evolving and increasingly mobile-centric world. We expect speed and intimacy in our dealings with organisations and of course, our customers expect that from us.

At Telstra, we’re always looking at ways to serve our customers better. Over the past 12 months (in conjunction with IT and our technology partners, Infosys and Oracle) my team have been working to improve the customer experience by increasing the responsiveness and productivity of our frontline sales team.

What have they been working so hard on? An enhanced mobile and desktop Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) user interface. This new interface is all about taking the pain out of sales administration, freeing our people so they can spend more time doing what they do best: solving customer business challenges.

The project – and the tangible improvements it has created for our people – gives our sales team a great conversation starter around future ways of working, sales force mobility and establishes Telstra as a global leader in the CRM space.

And when we talk about taking enterprise applications mobile, it reinforces the superior reliability and coverage of Telstra’s 4G network.

Many of the challenges confronting us are also pain points for our customers, regardless of industry. Our customers tell us they like to hear about our experience using the technology we sell. Untethering our frontline maximises time with customers, supporting the development of stronger relationships and deeper insights.

Connected tablets

Take a moment to meet our project team, along with our mobile ‘road warriors’ Senior Account Executive Kathryn Purcell and Account Executive Tristan Evans. They feature in our case study highlighting how mobilising our sales force enables teams to work flexibly and on the road.

Interested? Contact Peter to learn how we can help your business.

1. Graham says:

Ha, what a joke. You claim to be trying to improve things for your customers but you can’t even give me ADSL at more than 600Kbps. This is the 21st century not 1990.

When will Telstra start to give me what I pay for???? All I want is a usable ADSL service.

2. Peter says:

hi Graham -- feel free to email me if there’s something I can help you with, regards Peter

3. Graham says:

The best way to serve your customers better is to provide the services they pay for. My 600kbps ADSL service is hardly what anyone would expect from their ISP. The fact that the ridiculously slow speed is due to Telstra allowing the equipment to be congested by not adding more equipment to meet the number of customer connected to it is just disgraceful business practice. I guess when you know you have the only ADSL service in the area, you don’t have to satisfy your customers because you know they can’t go elsewhere.

4. Graham says:

Thanks for your offer Peter but I’ve already been told by various Telstra representatives to take a running jump. Nothing is going to be done to give me and all the others in my area a decent ADSL service. That’s why I want to inform as many people as possible about the reality behind Telstra’s “great” services. I’m tired of being told that 600kbps is all I can have.

5. Jess says:

What a joke -- I have been having issues with Telstra for over 12 months now (and still going) over my naked broadband and have gone from case manager to case manager, have wasted over 50 hours on phone calls with Telstra, can’t speak to anyone in Australia and am contacting the telecommunications ombudsman on Monday as I am at my wits’ end. Don’t claim to provide a service to your customers (who are also shareholders) that is false and misleading.

• Jamie (Editor) says:

Hi Jess, I’m really sorry to hear that you’ve been having a bad experience for such a long time. I would like to escalate the issue on my end for you. To do that, you’ll have to email me a phone or account number (along with an outline of the issues) and I will pass on.

Thanks,
      Jamie

• Jess says:

Thanks Jamie,
        but supposedly the issue has been ‘escalated’ with Telstra even again yesterday I spent an hour on the phone and an hour with your 24/7 online reps and was told my case has been ‘escalated’, so excuse me for my lack of faith that this will achieve anything! You will palm me off to someone in the Philippines like everyone else has and they will not do a single thing!

• Jamie (Editor) says:

Hi Jess,

It can take a couple of days for escalation, so let me know if you still need help by the end of the week.

Thanks, Jamie.

• Jess says:

just so you are aware of the incompetence and misleading team at Telstra -- surprise surprise I have not heard from anyone! But instead received another bill for a service that I am not receiving. Well done telsta!

• Jamie (Editor) says:

That’s not good to hear at all! I’m really sorry to hear that :(

Let me follow-up on my end for you. Can you please email me with an account number and a small outline of the complaint? I can then get someone to call you back.

Thanks, Jamie.

6. Jess says:

professional! with emoticons!
    Clearly taking it seriously….
    No thank you as clearly I am wasting my time with you also. This is now with the ombudsman.

• Jamie (Editor) says:

Hi Jess,

I didn’t mean to offend. You are not wasting your time with me -- I can follow up and get a resolution if you would like.

Thanks,