Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) lands at Telstra
After a large but stylish tablet, perfect for work or play? We’re excited to be the first Australian carrier to announce the Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) has arrived – available online and in Telstra stores from today.
If you’re constantly looking at your tablet; if you love consuming content on a bigger screen; or if you find yourself working from your tablet, then this large, stylish tablet may very well be the one for you.
So what’s the difference with the new 2014 edition?
- Fast speeds with Telstra 4G, plus Cat-4 capability – Experience lightning fast speeds with Telstra 4G, plus this is Telstra’s first tablet using Cat-4 technology.
- Lighter and thinner for better portability – the tablet is 10 per cent lighter than the previous model at just 540g and 1mm thinner at 7.9mm
- The screen is sharper – the impressive full HD display with 2560×1600 resolution (compared to 1280×800 on its predecessor) makes for a crystal clear viewing experience.
- Improved S-Pen technology makes writing smoother – Samsung has upped the S-Pen (LINK TO S-PEN BLOG) capability making for an improved on-screen writing experience
- Performance – Improved performance with 3GB of RAM (compared to 2GB) and a powerful 2.3GHz processor (compared to 1.4GHz)
- The new camera makes for perfect pics – take clearer pictures with the 8MP rear-facing camera and 5MP front-facing camera
- Textured leather-like back for the style savvy – it’s not only important that a device works well these days, but it needs to look good too.
- It’s compatible with the GALAXY Gear wearable device (sold separately) – receive notifications of incoming emails and alerts, or take photos and short videos straight from the Gear
These are just some of the improvements, but of course it comes with all the standard Note features we’ve come to know from Samsung. And with Telstra 4G covering more than four times the area of any other 4G network across Australia, customers can upload and download faster in more places.
Pricing and availability
The Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) is available in Telstra stores and online from today.
Consumer customers can purchase the Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) on a range of plans including the $35 Telstra Tablet Plan with a $22 device repayment per month (when you stay connected for 24 months), with 4GB of data (0.85c/MB) each month. Min cost $1,368 ($57/mth).
Business customers have the option to take a Telstra Mobile Broadband Share Plan, allowing employees to share data allowances between their services.
Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) will also be available to be purchased outright in Telstra stores for $768 RRP.
The Telstra Mobile Network offers 4G in all capital CBDs and associated airports, many surrounding suburban areas and in over 100 regional areas. You’ll automatically switch to our fastest available 3G in other coverage areas around Australia. Check coverage at telstra.com/coverage.