20 Feb 2013
By Andrew Volard
Feb
2013

Telstra to add the HTC One to its 4G range

Filed under: , ,

htcone-header

Overnight in London and New York City, HTC announced its new flagship smartphone, the new HTC One® which introduces key new HTC Sense® innovations that reinvent the mobile experience.

According to HTC, the new HTC One has redesigned the mobile experience from the ground up to match the way people are immersing themselves in constant streams of updates, news and information.

UPDATE – 4 April 2013:

I know you’ve been hearing a lot of product updates from me lately, but it’s obvious by the response to this blog that you’re all interested in the HTC One. I’m happy to let you know it’s on its way to Australia very soon.

From tomorrow, Friday 5 April, you’ll be able to pre-order the HTC One online. To receive an email when it launches, register your details at telstra.com.au/htc.

And from Tuesday 23 April, the HTC One will be available in Telstra stores across Australia.

With all this excitement around HTC One, it’s a good idea to pre-order online or get into a Telstra store early to avoid disappointment.

If you order the HTC One online before 23 April you’ll also receive free Beats Solo headphones valued at $249, while stocks last. Together with Beats Audio™ on the HTC One, Beats Solo headphones deliver a premium audio experience.

Telstra customers will also be among the first to be able to get their hands on the HTC One in Stealth Black.

Pricing & Availability

Consumer customers can purchase the HTC One on the $60 Every Day Connect Plan with a $10 handset repayment per month (after using an included MRO Bonus), with $600 worth of included calls and MMS, unlimited SMS and 1GB of data, all to standard Australian numbers (and excluding use overseas) each month. Min cost over 24 months is $1,680.

Business customers can purchase the HTC One on $60 Business Performance Plan with a $10 per month handset repayment (after using an included MRO bonus), with $600 worth of included calls and MMS, unlimited SMS and 1GB of data, all to standard Australian numbers (and excluding use overseas) each month. Min cost over 24 months is $1,680.

HTC One can also be purchased outright in Telstra stores from April 23 for $768.

Some of the new features include:

• HTC BlinkFeed transforms the home screen into a single live stream of information that suits the user such as social updates, entertainment and lifestyle updates, news and photos.
  • HTC Zoe is a camera feature that redefines how people capture, relive and share their most precious moments by giving people the ability to shoot high-res photos that come to life in three second snippets.
  • HTC BoomSound introduces front-facing stereo speakers with a dedicated amplifier and full HD display. Beats Audio™ integration is also enabled across the entire experience.

Telstra has confirmed it will range the HTC One when it comes to Australia. Register your interest here and stay tuned for more details on pricing and availability.

1. ashley says:

Hi there, I have preodered a htc one. does this get delivered to my home(as it asked for a delivery address) or will i just get a notification that it is in store ready to be picked up?

• Az [Telstra Community Manager] says:

Hi Ashley,

Your phone will be delivered to your home. If there is nobody there to greet it, it may be left at your local post office (you’ll be notified of this). You’ll receive a tracking number via email when the phone is dispatched so you’ll have an idea of when to expect it.

Enjoy!
      Az

2. Dane Keam says:

I pre ordered the phone on the 05/04/13 and if the phone is available as of the 23/04/12 what date will the phone arrive?

• Az [Telstra Community Manager] says:

Hi Dane,

Pre-orders are expected to start arriving from the 23rd of April. You’ll receive a tracking number via email when you phone is dispatched.

Not long to wait now!
      Az

3. Val says:

I have heard so many different answers in the past week and been promised this and that yet i still do not have the device. Can i please have a straight answer of when the HTC One Black will begin being shipped out so i can organise someone to be home when its delivered. Is that too much to ask?

• Rob says:

It depends who you speak to Val. I spoke to 24/7 live chat again today and was advised to expect them between now and Friday.

• Franki says:

Val I feel your pain. I have spoken to people over the last 15 days (preordered the moment the phone was available) who have given me no joke about 7 different dates as to when the phone would arrive. I have never been so frustrated! They just keep pushing out the date or saying within 2 -- 5 days. I have even escalated to a case manager who still hasn’t been able to tell me when the phone dispatches. The last thing they said was the 23rd…. very contrasting to the first date they advised which was the 16th. If on the 23rd no phone arrives ill probably punch myself in the face.

• Craig says:

Yeh,
      I asked the same thing the other day on their online chat,
      Was advised that they would be sent out in bulk on the 22nd so they can be delivered on the 23rd. Apparently we should receive the tracking number when they are sent.
      Somehow i’m still very skeptical that I’ll have my phone on the 23rd.
      I think gone are the days where a pre order meant you were treated with priority and tended to receive the product before everyone else.

I’ll be anoyed if I dont have mine on the 23rd and I could have just walked into a Telstra shop

• Rob says:

People are receiving tracking numbers today for their pre-orders. If you didn’t get an email, apparently it’s because like me you ordered the black one and they ran out of stock for pre-orders as well. Not sure why the lack of communication from Telstra re this but this info I got from other customers on social media… Just have to be patient, and not get sucked in next time ;)

4. Leon says:

I just received an email from Telstra that stated the following:

“We’re currently out of stock of the item you’re after. An order has been placed and more stock should arrive at our warehouse shortly.”

Is this a false notification? Or has there been a problem with the launch stock?

• Gigi [Telstra Staff] says:

Hi Leon,

We are currently sold out of pre-order stock for the HTC One in Stealth Black. More stock will be available once the phone launches so please keep an eye on the online store or speak to your local Telstra shop.

• Craig says:

Does anyone at Telstra have any idea when we are to receive a tracking number, assuming the pre orders should start arriving from tomorrow onwards I guess they would have to be sent today ?

• Ian [Telstra Community Manager] says:

Hi Craig,

Tracking numbers should be sent out progressively over the next 24 hours. Best to chat to the 24x7 team for more info.

• Craig says:

Well from the conversation I just had with the on-line shop over the phone with the supervisor.
      It appears as though at this stage Telstra haven’t received their order of black phones at all and they are still awaiting on them but have no eta what so ever.
      So it looks like anyone, also including shops that were expecting a black one tomorrow won’t be receiving them.

I did express my concerns though that they aren’t advising the people who have already made the pre-order.
      to which the response was that if they aren’t sent tomorrow then we should receive a notification then.

Oh well, will just have to wait and see.
      Would be nice if someone made an official comment and was able to supply some sort of ETA.

5. Brad says:

Hey Az. Do u know yet if the htc one is an A, B, or C phone regarding reception.

• Gigi [Telstra Staff] says:

Hi Brad,

Sorry mate, we’re not able to give that info out/we’re not given that info here at Telstra Exchange. I recommend you have a chat to our customer service team or to a shop staff member who can talk to you about maximising coverage and your options for regional areas.

6. Ryan says:

I just went to pre-order but it said you’re sold out? Is this correct? I really want to pr-order!

• Ryan says:

..sorry, I’m referring to the Black model.

• Gigi [Telstra Staff] says:

Hi Ryan,

I think I just replied to your comment above -- no more Stealth Black, my apologies. More will be available once the phone launches this week.

7. Rye says:

Since only half my question was published above I’ll try again --

The pre-order page says there is no stock left of the black model HTC One. Do you know if any more will be made available for pre-order? I would prefer this over the silver one.

Thanks.

• Gigi [Telstra Staff] says:

Hi Rye,

My apologies the stealth black is now sold out for pre-order. More stock will be available after the phone launches -- keep an eye on the online store or speak to your local store for stock details (after the launch).

8. Val says:

It’s just a joke! They just tell you what you want to hear to get rid of you but they actually have no idea. If they get shipped out today we will not get them till end of the week because shipping takes 3-5 business days as they are using star track express apparently… I was told this on 24/7. I have a feeling this is why they offered the free beats as compensation? Cos they knew this would happen. Otherwise what is the point of pre ordering?
    Btw I love how Telstra hasn’t responded to any of the comments relating to shipping dates

9. Sam says:

So what’s the chance of us actually receiving our preorders tomorrow?

• Ian [Telstra Community Manager] says:

Hi Sam, depending on where you live, preorders will begin arriving from tomorrow. When your phone was shipped you will have received a tracking link in an email, please follow that link for more specific info.

10. DevJ says:

What was the use or pre-ordering when we could have bought it from the shops on the 23rd??!?

I was first told the 16th of April, then the 19th and today I’ve been told that it may happen today, but no delivery tracking notification email yet! And after despatch it will take 2 working days, so in all likeliness I will receive the phone at least a day later than in the stores!!

Very disappointed with the whole fiasco!

Order # SBS7176986

11. Sam Kaldor says:

What about for the black model?

12. Franki says:

here we go, anyone who preordered the black model would’ve received an email to advise that the phone wont be dispatched till Friday. These people make me sick ….communicate yea? Maybe then you can set our expectations instead of changing the freakin delivery date every single day!!!!! i hate you!

• Craig says:

But wait they are compensating us for any inconvenience the delay may have caused us with a bonus case and screen protector, Gee probably about $10 worth.
      I like everyone else would have just preferred and honest explanation as to what was happening with the black model and a confirmed delivery date.
      They are now saying deliveries “Should” start on Friday, so I’m assuming it will be mid week before we possibly see the phone delivered and actually in our hand.
      Given by the amount of people that appear to be waiting for the black model, so I assume Telstra are waiting on heaps of them. I can’t believe that no one at Telstra has a real idea of the exact delivery details for the phones to arrive at Telstra in the first place

It’s rather disappointing as other have already started to report, we could have just walked into our local Telstra shop and got a black one on the day as apparently some shops have black. Great to see that the shops had priority over the people who pre-ordered.

Maybe Telstra should have advertised the release as:
      * Available in store on the 23rd
      * Available online at a later date if you want a free pair of headphones.

13. John says:

We trusted you telstra and blindly pre-ordered a phone that we never saw and you guys sold us a product that you never have.
    Shame on you telstra that’s very frustrating.

14. Sam says:

Just found out some stores have black but I have to wait till next week for a pre-order I made on the 7th. Is this a joke?

15. noncustomer says:

I decided to order with Vodafone on Saturday (20 April) because cheaper. It arrived this morning. Was thinking of Telstra but kinda glad I didn’t after reading these comments.

16. Tim says:

asking for a little patience here..is that too much to ask? u guys probably hav a fone to use right now and Telstra gives away addional services for da delay. tut,tut…

17. Alex says:

Pre ordered my black htc one with telstra last month, haven’t recieved any email, haven’t recieved a phone, and was on the phone for 1.5hrs trying to get a tracking number, was diverted to 8 different people, and still know Nothing about my order. Despite the bad things people said about Telstra I had previously always loved them.. Fair to say they’ve gone down a lot of notches in my book! Not impressed at all Telstra.

• Alex says:

Plus an hr on live chat… Still no answer…

• Ian [Telstra Community Manager] says:

Hi Alex,
        Sorry to hear about the poor experience. Hopefully you were able to get it resolved on the live chat.

18. Craig says:

Yesterday I receive an email stating deliveries “Should” start on Friday.
    Today I receive an email stating that they have run out of stock and have placed another order.
    I guess I was right to be skeptical about Friday.
    So now I have received two completely different emails, one said Friday and one says stock should arrive soon.

So like everyone else, I have no idea when to expect a phone

Seriously Telstra get your act together

19. Liz says:

Can somone please tell me if I purchase the HTC one outright, will it be locked to Telstra?

20. Adam says:

Hi, the page mentions the One can be purchased outright, but is this only the silver model or the black one too?

Thanks.

• Ian [Telstra Community Manager] says:

Hi Adam,
      The black model was available at launch the white model will be available shortly.

21. Dave says:

I pre-ordered the HTC One (in silver) on April 19, however was emailed straightaway to say Telstra is out of stock, and still can’t get any answers as to when stock will arrive. Do you have any further info?

22. Rye says:

Keep this in mind for future guys. I purchased a Black HTC One in store on the day of release..this pre order stuff puts you to the back of the queue…they already have your money..

23. Ryan says:

Any update on 64GB?
    its everywhere else except you guys still dont have it, i was told my plenty of Telstra customer service people that you were getting in 64GB but still nothing yet.
    Everyone else seems to have stock so I dont know why its taken this long.

• Az [Telstra Community Manager] says:

Hi Ryan,
      I see you’re eagerly awaiting the 64gb!

I’d recommend you speak to the LiveChat team. They are across products and timing and I’m sure they’ll be able to advise if they have any information.
      Az

24. Alain says:

Any word on the 64Gb black HTC one for telstra? I have read somewhere it should be out on June 5th.

• Gigi [Telstra Staff] says:

Hi Alain, thanks for the enquiry. We don’t have anything on the agenda for the Black 64GB HTC One at the moment.

25. Timbo says:

So it appears the June 5 rumour was not true… Can a Telstra representative provide any more info on when we might expect a 64gb HTC One to become available?

Seems like there would be plenty of demand…

26. Andy says:

Owning a sleek design and outstanding performance, the HTC One is absolutely the best that HTC has ever distributed, and presently one of the best Android smartphones on the market.