13 Nov 2012
By Dan Michael
Nov
2012

Nokia Lumia 920 launches with Telstra

nokia-lumia-920-header-blog

We’ve heard your call outs for the Nokia Lumia 920, we know you want to get it as soon as possible, and we know you want great deals, including the awesome NFC accessories that the Lumia uses.

So here’s the date you need to remember to be the first in line to grab your very own Lumia 920 from Telstra, powered by Windows Phone 8 and supporting one of the world’s most advanced mobile networks – Telstra’s national 4G network. The release date for the Nokia Lumia 920 is 27 November 2012 and we’re excited to be launching this device in selected Telstra stores.

To really get this thing jump started we have a couple of special offers for you because we know that you’re as excited as we are about the possibilities with this new smartphone.

Today we’ve announced a bonus offer if you pre-order online.

Pre-order the Nokia Lumia 920 on on an Every Day Connect plan (details below) before November 26 we’ll throw in a portable JBL Playup speaker valued at $199 at no additional cost!

The JBL is an awesome way to pump out your tunes, it’s rechargeable and connects with the Lumia 920 over NFC (Near Field Communictions). You can play a song just by tapping your phone on the speaker. I can’t wait to start using mine!

So the only question left is, which colour to order? :P

Features of the Nokia Lumia 920

• The Nokia 920 comes with built-in wireless charging and sports a polycarbonate design
  • It is available from Telstra in four colours: black, white, red and yellow
  • 32GB of memory + 7GB of SkyDrive cloud-hosted storage
  • 8.7-megapixel camera uses advanced floating lens technology that Nokia says takes in five times more light than competing smartphones, making it possible to capture clear, bright pictures and video indoors and at night. Nokia calls it PureView — also compensates for hand movement while a photo is being taken and we think you’re going to really like it
  • 4.5 inch ‘PureMotion HD+’ display
  • Windows Phone 8 is the perfect companion for all of your productivity requirements with Microsoft Office built in!

Update – 14 November

Due to strong demand pre-order stock for Nokia Lumia 920 has been exhausted.

Stock will be available be in select stores from 27 November.

Plans and pricing

Once available, the Nokia Lumia 920 will be able to be purchased:

• by personal customers on the $60 Every Day Connect Plan with a $5 handset repayment per month (after using an included MRO Bonus) for 24 months which offers $600 worth of standard national calls and MMS plus unlimited text messaging to standard Australian numbers and 1GB of data for use in Australia. Min cost over 24 months is $1,560 ($65/mth) (2 minute standard call $2.38, excess data usage $0.10/MB).
  • by business customers on the $60 Business Performance Plan with a $5 handset repayment per month (after using an included MRO Bonus) for 24 months with $600 worth of standard national calls and MMS plus unlimited text messaging to standard Australian numbers and 1GB of data for use in Australia. Min cost over 24 months is $1,560 ($65/mth) (2 minute standard call $2.38, excess data usage $0.10/MB).
  • It was also be available outright for $696 at Telstra stores

1. Ryan says:

I’ve read in a few places that Telstra stores are being allocated two phones per week. Can anyone verify this please?

• Gigi [Telstra Staff] says:

Hi Ryan,

Not at all. In fact, we had more stock shipped yesterday that should be arriving in stores from tomorrow so now’s the time to duck into your local store and see if they have one available for you.

- Gigi.

2. Russ says:

Just passed 2 Weeks since I was meant to pick up my “pre-order” … Is there any word on when the next batch is coming!? Everyone from every store I’ve talked to still apparently knows nothing! This is getting beyond ridiculous!

• Gigi [Telstra Staff] says:

Hi Russ,

Give your local store a ring today – we’ve had stock ship in the past 24 hours.

Thanks for your patience.

- Gigi.

3. Queppa says:

Harvey norman are getting more stock in today.

4. Rod says:

I ordered a black 920 from a telstra agent 4 weeks ago. They tell me they cannot get a delivery date from Telstra…can you tell me when stock will go out to your resellers?

• Gigi [Telstra Staff] says:

Hi Rod,

We had stock ship yesterday so I’d recommend giving your local a store a ring ASAP.

- Gigi.

5. Manjick says:

Hi, I want to know why telstra took out exclusivity on this phone? It was out of stock prior to release and still is out of stock. Telstra you suck. Release the exclusivity so other providers can supply consumers with the current demand for the phone.

6. Manjick says:

Just to add to my previous comment. I am reginal Victoria and have 3, yes 3 telstra labeled shops in my small town of 13,000. None have ever seen a handset ever. I also had my email logged with telstra to let me know when preordering was happening, but got nothing to tell me I could have had one earlier. All the Telstra shops in my town even in the second week of November could not tell me when release date was. I got the “We never get told when a release date is, we only find out when we reicieve the phone” bull line. This phone was release world wide, other than through telstra, back in september. What is going on with out of stock comments. The only answer there is that Telstra have not ordered enough phones. It is not Nokias fault or the rest of the world would have a shortage of this phone, which they don’t. Someone at telstra needs to start telling me why I should get this phone through them and not wait till Jan to go get it from another mobile supplier.

7. iakgoog says:

The big store on George st has only black & white.
    Also, the store at World Square.
    Please, bring in yellow.

8. takudzwa says:

when is the next stock coming in went instores and they not sure and theyy are saying sometime after christmas

9. Jason says:

Is it true telstra are selling the 920 outright for $696 at Telstra stores ?

10. S says:

Hi,
    Any word on when stock will be available in store at Lismore? I rang them a week ago and they were blank. If not, when will I be able to buy one online?

• Gigi [Telstra Staff] says:

Hi S,

Sorry, we don’t have stock levels for individual stores. I know it’s a pain but you have to check manually with your local store :( Have a chat to our 24×7 Live Chat Customer Service team, they may be able to give you more info on the online store status. You can find them here: http://www.facebook.com/Telstra24x7/app_201698766614634

Hang in there – it’s a wicked phone!

- Gigi.

• Julian says:

Plenty of HTC 8X stock available online if you get impatient like I did…after all, they do live in our world! :-)

11. Julian says:

Well there was still no stock available from the Telstra Shop online of the Nokia Lumia 920 as of December 15, so I took the plunge and bought an HTC 8X instead. Another lost sale Nokia, way to go…broke!

12. ki says:

I went on the 24/7 chat and they told me the store that I asked them to check if they had stock and they called them up for me

13. Rod says:

Thanks Dan, Xbox music code now works. Phone is brilliant

14. Jason peal says:

I have tried to buy a Nokia 920 outright at two telstra shops both have refused to sell to me when they had stock saying it was “constrained stock”.

Would you be able to tell me when telstra will have outright stock for sale at the advertised price of $696 ?

• Leigh Price (Blog Editor) says:

Hi Jason – I’ll see what I can find out for you…

• Damien says:

Jason,

go to Harvey Norman, they are price matching the $696 Telstra price.

I had to back order mine but was only a week and a half wait.

Cheers

Damien

• Leigh Price (Blog Editor) says:

Hi Jason, I’ve been advised that stock is pretty limited for the time being. We’re receiving deliveries weekly but most stores will be unable to offer outright purchases until stock levels are a little better. Unfortunately we don’t have any information on stock forecasts, so watch this space…

15. Manjick says:

Yet another 6 days out of stock, when is this magical stock coming in? Yet on the 14th you say you had stock, wrong….no stock.

• Gigi [Telstra Staff] says:

Hi there Manjick,

Have emailed the device to find out for you :)

• Julian says:

Buy an HTC 8X and you won’t be disappointed. It’s available online now and from all Telstra shops. It doesn’t look like a brick and it doesn’t weigh a ton!

16. Novi says:

till what date is this phone exclusive to telstra?

17. KD says:

I still have not received my JBL speaker!!!!

18. Ispending says:

does the wireless charger come free with Telstra Lumia 920?

• Leigh Price (Blog Editor) says:

Although the phone supports wireless charging, a wireless charger is not included. Wireless chargers are available as accessories.

19. rob says:

Does Telstra also sell the 920,s phone covers as I haven’t been able to find them anywhere

20. BAS says:

Hi there,

Is this phone still available for $696.00 outright in telstra stores?

• Leigh Price (Blog Editor) says:

Hi BAS – outright availability is made on a store-by-store decision basis depending on stock levels. It’s best to check with your local store directly.

21. basan says:

Is this phone still available outright in Telstra stores, please?

• Leigh Price (Blog Editor) says:

Hi Basan, the decision to sell outright is made at a local store level, depending on stock levels. It’s best to check with the local store nearest you.

22. Richard says:

Originally there was a story going around that the wireless charger was going to be $29 if you got a phone from Telstra.

I’ve not seen anything about this since the launch, did it happen or is it going to happen?

23. KD says:

So after receiving my JBL speaker, it was damaged and I had to return it. I have just received a call to advise me they won’t be sending me another one, instead offering to credit my account with a measly $100… :(
    This has seriously put me off buying anything with Telstra in the future!