Click to Call with Confidence with the new Lookout Mobile Security
It’s important to be protected when you go online both at home and when out and about on your Smartphone or tablet. Telstra was therefore delighted by the recent announcement from our partners Lookout Inc. of a redesigned Lookout™ Mobile Security for Android, which offers protection against click-to-call threats, an emerging new mobile threat category.
The new Lookout Mobile Security also sports an updated sleek design and smart additions like an intelligent dashboard of mobile activity and protection and a way to locate a missing device with a dying battery.
According to Lookout, notable features of the redesigned product include:
- Safe Dialer which helps protect you against dialer-based attacks like those that have recently been in the news. It scans every phone number you click to call from your mobile browser, alerting you if dialing the number might have unintended consequences, including wiping your phone.
- Signal Flare that automatically flags the last location of your phone when its battery is low, so you have a better chance of getting your phone back if you lose it. “The importance of this feature is underscored by the results of a Lookout survey of people who used Lookout Mobile Security to locate a lost or stolen phone. 73% said they recovered the phone in less than one hour, while 37% of those who did not recover their phone said that this was due to a dying battery.”
With the redesign of Lookout Mobile Security, Lookout have said that they wanted to solve the problems facing you on mobile today and also stay ahead of the threats of tomorrow. The features of Lookout Mobile Security can allow you to feel empowered to do whatever on your mobile devices whenever – helping ensure that as new services and capabilities come out, people can feel safe using them.
The new Lookout Mobile Security for Android:
- Uses the latest Android OS Conventions to add a Fresh Design that makes it easier for you to find what you’re looking for.
- Can keep you up to date on threats with Activity Feed, an intelligent dashboard that informs you about app downloads, data backups and security notifications.
- Assists you to know when to take action and when everything is okay, as it includes Foolproof Security, which helps protect your phone against mobile threats more efficiently and allows you to take action against security threats in two clicks.
Telstra customers can enhance their protection of compatible Android devices (including T-Hub 2) by downloading Lookout Mobile Security from the Telstra Aisle on the Google Play Store without charge (of course, normal data usage charges may apply during the download process or when backing up and restoring data). You can also opt-in to Premium protection at any time and choose to add premium charges to your Telstra Bill.