App of the Week: Catch
Catch is one of those apps you need to train yourself to use for a while and then it becomes second nature. What is really cool about Catch is its simplicity and the great user interface. If you are looking for a notes/productivity app and haven’t found one yet, download Catch now.
I love the fact that you can quickly jot down a task, idea or voice message. You can add notes to a stream and share your stream so you can collaborate with other people.
I’m kind of lazy when it comes to typing on my mobile or tablet so voice notes is an ideal way for me to keep my thoughts logged or share tasks with my wife and friends. If you have a project or an idea or ten you need some help to flesh out, then simply collect all your ideas as notes into a shared stream. Invite your buddies and workmates to contribute for a collective brainstorm.
Reminder notes are handy as they work with your notifications bar to let you know you have something that needs attention.
One of the best features is the Twitter-like hash tags. “Tags” are a great way to organize your notes into a category without putting them into folders. This makes everything easy to filter and find as you collect loads of notes.
Key features you should check out
- Notes are Synced to Catch.com
- Twitter like tagging
- Location tagging within notes
- You can sign in with your Google account
- Scan a QR Bar code and save the information from that item to your note
- Everything is encrypted over the web
- Incorporates a feature called passcode lock where a 4 digit code will be required to gain access to streams
- Using the website or app you can Attach photos, tag, add comments, share, and delete
- Add priority to your notes by allowing you to pin them to your desktop, similar to a widget
You can download Catch Note free for iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, and if you want extras you’ll need to pay a premium subscription. Add streams, attach documents, upload more to the cloud with 10 streams. Get 1GB of new content per month in the cloud service and attach office documents all for $4.99 per month.