HOW TO: get in touch with Telstra
You’ve probably noticed that things have been changing at Telstra lately. Amongst other activities, we’ve been putting a lot of focus on improving customer service. We’re also aiming to make things easier for you by introducing new initiatives like being able to call us 24×7, but we know that things can sometimes go wrong. When they do, we want to make sure they get fixed.
First of all, while you’re on this page, we may be able to help you with your issue immediately online. It’s a good idea to check our CrowdSupport forum – if another customer has encountered a similar issue, you may find an instant solution. Just click the CrowdSupport on the top right of this page.
Alternatively, you can access our Facebook 24×7 service to chat to a customer consultant right now. If you have a Facebook account, click the Telstra 24×7 icon at the top right of this page and we’ll connect you through to a consultant who will be happy to assist.
Whether it’s a billing or payment issue, unsatisfactory email reply or Telstra phone problems – we want to know and we’ll take your Telstra complaints seriously.
How to contact Telstra with a complaint:
- Complete our online complaints form or call 13 2200 and say “complaint”. You’ll be transferred to a dedicated complaints handling team. You can call us 24×7.
- If you email us, we’ll reply within one day. If you call us, the consultant will aim to resolve your issue on the spot. If we need to investigate further, we’ll aim to resolve it (or tell you what we’re doing to resolve it) within five business days.
- We’ll aim to resolve your complaint within 20 business days maximum if it needs to be investigated further. We’ll continue to update you with our progress while this happens.
If you’re not happy with the outcome of your complaint:
- Let us know. We’ll escalate your complaint to the next level of management, or a case manager in a dedicated area. The manager of your complaint will deal with you personally to discuss your options and make sure you’re happy with the outcome.
- At this stage, if we are unable to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction, you can contact the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO). This is an office of last resort for complaints about telecommunications services. If you contact the TIO, please supply your Telstra complaint reference number.
Other ways to contact us with your complaint:
- Send a letter to Telstra Locked Bag 20026, Melbourne VIC 3001. We will reply within one business day of receipt.
- For complaints relating to disability enquiries, call 1800 068 424 (voice) or 1800 808 981 (TTY).
We are also spending a lot of effort investigating why complaints happened in the first place, to understand where we can improve systems and how we do things. Even after your complaint has been resolved, we’ll work on it to help ensure other customers don’t encounter the same problem.