20 Feb 2012
By Monty Hamilton
Feb
2012

Telstra 24×7 on Facebook

blog-facebook-24-7-banner

I’m sure it comes as no surprise to you that Australians are prolific Facebook users.  In fact, nearly half of the population is regularly using it and, of any other country, we spend the longest amount of time on there as well – an average of around one working day per month.  Since we have so many customers on Facebook, from our point of view it’s an obvious destination for us to connect with you.

Why am I telling you this? Seinfeld’s George Costanza one talked about “worlds colliding” and I’m very excited to announce that the Facebook world and Telstra world have just collided in a most fantastic way!

Telstra 24x7on Facebook
We’ve upped the ante on Facebook with a brand new dedicated customer presence that we call Telstra 24×7, which is all about making our services accessible when you are online, when you need them. Our Social Media and Live Chat teams in Adelaide are on hand around the clock, every day of the year, to assist you with sales or service queries and we promise you a response to posts of one hour or less.

The other bit of exciting news is the release of our very first “beta” version of My Telstra on Facebook, available to the first 1000 individuals who install the app. This handy little app that means you can monitor your product usage and track your bills, for all of your Telstra services, where they are linked to My Account.  And the best part is you can do all this without leaving Facebook and without having to log in separately at Telstra.com.

So basically it’s a secure and convenient way to keep track of all of your Telstra bills without missing a beat of your social life, and we think that’s pretty great! What excites me most about this service innovation is the opportunity to work with customers just like you to continuously improve it. We hope you like it as much as we do.

To celebrate, we’re giving away $1M worth of BigPond vouchers to customers who “like” the new page and fill in a simple webform so why not try it out today!

As always, we’d love to hear your feedback and suggestions.  Either comment here, on the new Facebook page or join the community at CrowdSupport™.

Try it today

Check out Telstra’s dedicated customer service presence on Facebook at: facebook.com/telstra24x7.

To set-up My Telstra for Facebook, just link your My Account details to your Facebook account online here.

1. Select the “Manage your account” link
  2. Choose the “Link Account” option
  3. Enter the Telstra My Account username and password
  4. You’ll see a message that tells you your accounts have been successfully linked

Telstra’s other Facebook is still kicking on stronger than ever!  It is still the place where you will find all the news on the latest and greatest Telstra products and offerings, with technology news, announcements, promotions and giveaways, plus all of our usual company chit-chat.

1. Ralph says:

Quite impressed with the ease once logged in. Most information I need is there, love the addition of the cycling dates. Only thing missing for me is the date the mobiles come out of plan. Something that isn’t easy to find for some reason, it seems to be a secret you want to keep unless we ring. It wouldn’t be a big deal to have this information included and no less than knowing outstanding amounts, call details etc. So why not plan expiry dates.
    Ralph

• Ralph says:

Maybe I needed to ask a direct question to get a reply. Can you confirm that it is Telstra policy not to make mobile phone plan final dates available because it is in Telstra’s best interest not to do so as unwary customers keep paying the contract amount not knowing they are out of contract and they then have the choice of going prepaid or find another cheaper plan?

2. Glad you guys are going this way. I have used Twitter on several occasions and recommend it to customers. Facebook should also be lots of fun.

3. Sue Florance says:

Just one small question, can I connect to your 24X7 FB page if I don’t use Telstra My Account features ?

4. Sue Florance says:

Who do I talk to discuss remote rural mobile reception issues and good advice of what type of mobile phone is best for these areas.

5. Eirlys says:

It’s a great idea, although still not quite clear how to best benefit from it.

My experience with Live Chat was really good – once I had overcome initial mistrust (not being sure if it was really Telstra or not) because I could cut and paste into the live chat from links, emails or pages I was having problems with.

Great for people who can’t see or hear too well, as sometimes call centre staff is hard to understand.

Also good because you can scroll back to an answer or comment, and cut and past and save in a text document to refer to at a later date. Better than trying to take notes while on the phone.

Do you have a way of increasing font size from within the live chat app to make it more readable?

6. Wolfgang says:

Hi I need help.
    I have an old Samsung C5220. It was on a prepaid contract. I replaced it with an Atrix contract.
    I want to travel overseas and think using the Samsung to avoid roaming charges. What do I have to do to get it unlocked. How much will it cost?
    Wolfgang

• Jamie [Editor] says:

Hi Wolfgang, Unfortunately we don’t have those kinds of answers here on the blog, but if you head over to Live Chat, the team will be able to help you find out the best steps. I hope this helps! Jamie

7. Peter sykes says:

I live at pittsworth in QLD, over the last 2 or so months you have turned on, 4G witch I have used in toowoomba and is very good. But at pittsworth I live about 1lk away from the tower and I get two (2) bars on my Telstar phone and is slow. When it drops back to 3G and I get full bars it’s fast again, someone need to look at what is happening here ASAP

Peter