Premium protection for your valuable handset
Last year, Aussies reported almost 200,000 lost or stolen mobiles to telcos. The figures equate to 3,300 each week or one mobile phone handset every three minutes.
Numbers like that are hard to ignore, and we know that for many customers, mobile phones represent a big investment that they want to protect.
We’ve partnered with CGU Insurance to introduce a new product called Telstra Premium Care – Mobile Insurance that gives customers the comfort of knowing they are protected if it’s stolen, accidentally lost, or accidentally damaged.
Telstra Premium Care – Mobile Insurance is available to Consumer and Telstra Business post-paid mobile customers for a monthly premium that covers approved handsets for accidental loss, accidental damage, theft and mechanical faults (available on the Smart Cover package). Repairs or replacement will be arranged quickly, with a minimum of fuss, and if there are unauthorised calls, customers will also be covered for the charges up to set limits and timeframes.
Telstra Premium Care – Mobile Insurance consists of two levels of cover:
- Basic Cover for $9.95 per month – for basic mobile phones only
- Smart Cover for $14.95 per month – for basic and smartphones (eg Apple® iPhone™ and Android™ devices and generally phones with a touch screen or email capability).
Customers have also told us that they wanted features beyond insurance, so we’ll provide some extra benefits. For instance customers get priority repair from our National Repair Centre and an annual handset health check.
In addition to mobile insurance from CGU Insurance, Telstra will offer Extra Benefits to Consumer and Telstra Business customers:
- Priority repair from any Telstra Store through our National Repair Centre
- Handset replacement if your handset is repaired under warranty more than twice within a 24-month period since purchase
- Same day in-store handset assessment and warranty repairs during business hours at Telstra Store Melbourne (246 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000) and Telstra Store Sydney (400 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000) if the handset is presented at least one hour before the Telstra Store closes.
- Annual handset health-check service at selected Telstra Stores (where Telstra experts will check that a device is running the latest operating software) – one per year for Basic Cover and two per year for Smart Cover.
Of course, if your handset is covered by a standard manufacturer’s warranty or rights under consumer laws, that will continue to apply. These protections are in addition to those rights.
More information can be found by visiting our Telstra Premium Care Mobile Insurance section of Telstra.com, we’re keen to hear what you think, please leave a comment below.
Things you need to know
Please note this page contains general information only and may not suit your particular circumstances. You should carefully read the combined Financial Service Guide and Product Disclosure Statement before you purchase Telstra Premium Care – Mobile Insurance to decide if it suits your needs. Telstra Premium Care – Mobile Insurance is issued by CGU Insurance Ltd, ABN 27 004 478 371 AFSL 238291, as insurer. Telstra is the authorised representative of CGU Insurance and any financial services that Telstra provides are provided on behalf of CGU Insurance and not by Telstra.
Apple is a trade mark of Apple, Inc., registered in the US and other countries. iPhone is a trade mark of Apple, Inc. Android, the Android logo, Android market, the Android Market logo are trade marks of Google Inc