Are you aware of Telstra’s community engagement?
As a company that connects with almost every Australian, Telstra understands that the success of our business and the health of broader society are mutually dependent.
With a presence in so many places across Australia, Telstra’s engagement with the community is significant1, and yet many people are not aware of the extent of our contribution. One way we try and report back to you about our community activities is to produce an annual Community Report.
Today, we launch the second edition of Telstra in the Community, detailing our social investments, our involvement with communities and some ‘beyond the call of duty’ activities of our people. Some examples include:
- Providing 114,000 fixed lines at special rates to our charity and non-profit customers
- Assisting one million low income customers every month through our Access for Everyone programs
- Recognising 96 Indigenous artists through the Telstra Art Award nomination process
- Holding the Telstra Disability Forum with representation from 13 Peak Disability consumer organisations twice a year
- Recognising 4,220 women through the Telstra Business Women’s Awards nomination process
- Creating a dedicated cyber-safety webpage with tips and advice for all internet users
- Launching Payroll Giving with 16 charities supported by Telstra employees
- Distributed 625 Telstra Foundation grants to grass-roots organisations through the Telstra’s Kids
The PDF version of the Telstra in the Community report is available online here
Pic: To the rescue: Telstra’s Colin Partridge and fellow volunteer Peter Stride are two of 550 ambulance volunteers in Tasmania.
- Telstra Access for Everyone
- Telstra Art Award
- Telstra Disability Forum
- Telstra Business Women’s Awards
- Telstra cyber-safety web page
Were you aware of Telstra’s community engagement?