Desire S: A sequel that’s better than the original
Last year Telstra’s first Android smartphone, the HTC Desire, was a huge hit with our customers and went on to become one of our top-sellers.
So it’s only fitting that we’ve teamed up with HTC to bring its successor– the HTC Desire S – to Australia in 2011.
It will feature the latest Android Gingerbread operating system as well as a powerful processor that makes for fast, responsive multitasking.
It promises to provide snappy web-browsing too with a mobile chipset capable of faster mobile internet speeds on the Next G™ network.
And, like its predecessor, it will feature a vibrant 3.7-inch touch screen and access to thousands of Android apps.
HTC will craft the Desire S out of a single piece of aluminium — which makes for a really elegant, solid look and feel.
Pricing and availability for the HTC Desire S will be announced closer to the launch date.
HTC Desire S – key features
- 3.7-inch touch screen
- HSDPA 14.4 Mbps peak download rating. Actual speeds are less.
- Weight: 130 grams
- Size: 115 x 59.8 x 11.63 mm
- Google™ services including Google Mail™, Google™ search, YouTube™, Google Calendar™ and Google Maps™
- 5 megapixel colour camera with power LED flash
- Processor: 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon™
- Operating system: Google™ Android Gingerbread
- More than 100,000 apps on Android Market