01 Nov 2010
By Kristen Boschma
Nov

I’m looking for a very funny Christmas blogger. Maybe it’s you

blog-funniest-christmas-blogger-banner

I need someone to blog right here on Telstra Exchange on the topic of “Christmas in Australia”. I’m looking for someone to lift the lid on this amazing, crazy, special time of year. It’s pretty much an open brief but your blogs should entertain us and perhaps will tell us about the worst or best Christmas of your life (my family went through a phase of dress-up Christmas and one year the theme was “car parts”), your crazy family traditions (we do “Hideous Kris Kringle” and compete for the ugliest gift and one year I got a bit of rotten wood that was supposed to be a rustic photo frame) and moments that are special and moving (can’t think of one).

If you’re the Christmas Blogger of my dreams you’ll be:

• Funny
  • Able to write up to 6 blogs in December (read:can work to a deadline)
  • Willing to share your personal and unique perspective on Christmas
  • Have a fairly decent following on a social networking site or two (blog, twitter, facebook etc)

What do you get in return?

• Money! We’ll pay the right person
  • Fame
  • Glory
  • A warm fuzzy feeling

What do you have to do?

In other Christmas/festive news

UPDATE: We’re pleased to announce that winner is Sophie Marchant. Look out for Sophie’s entertaining blogs in the coming weeks.

We are launching our look at The 55 days of Christmas today. It’s so exciting. There are two main parts to it:

Pass the Pressie

Australia’s funniest Christmas blogger – TelstraGo to www.facebook.com/telstra and look for the Christmas tab for details on our online gift game. We’re giving away 55 Portable Wi-Fi connections so you can share WiFi with up to 5 of your friends. The doodad is worth $149 with 5GB of included Data with 90 days expiry.  Simply unwrap the virtual present online to see if you’ve scored one. Spread some Christmas cheer and Pass the Pressie on to your friends. Please be assured that we take privacy seriously; if you decide to Pass the Pressie to your friends on Facebook we will protect their privacy and yours.

Good luck and Merry Kristenmas

1. Jono says:

You know what’s very funny?

Your 55 Days of Christmas website doesn’t work on my Telstra HTC Desire. Nice one.

2. krangsquared says:

two words: Natalie Tran. Look her up.

3. Peter Yates says:

I’ll probably spend Christmas on the phone in a Telstra call centre queue to someone who can’t understand my accent who can’t find on my account the notes of the previous “specialist complaints consultant” who was going to fix the billing errors and they are threatening to sue me, cut off my phone and internet report me to a credit rating agency.

Ho Ho Ho and Merry Christmas to you Telstra.

4. Smitty says:

How about giving the $300 of Bigpond movie vouchers to existing customers T-Box as well. We are basically the beta testers for this basically useless device and yet we get nothing.

Shame Telstra. Shame on you.

• Deborah says:

Yes , would definately entise me to use my t box more. Specially for those that missed out on the $300. voucher because they signed up a week before the offer. Please Telstra show some consideration to your loyal customers !!!!!

5. Jack McClane says:

G’day

I’ve only just seen this and I know that it is past the deadline by a couple of days but if you haven’t found anyone I would definitely be interested.

I have 360 (quality) friends on facebook and 935 on Twitter – @iJack72

My blog has had almost 8,000 hits. Here is a typical funny post of mine. http://jackmcclane.com/2010/06/10/an-open-letter-to-lindsay-lohan/ Well it’s funny in my opinion anyway.

Please take a look and know I am available if needed.

Thanks

Jack

• Brendan O'Keefe [T-EX Customer Engagement Manager] says:

Hi Jack. damn – we have to follow the rules but you are funny. Hopefully you’ll apply for other stuff (on time!) in future.